collinb collinb is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Ridgid hybrid contractor's saw, DeWalt SCMS, Routers: ELU, PC, Freud, Drills: DeWalt 20V & corded, Ryobi corded, Delta planer, Ridgid jointer, Steel City bandsaw.
- My Shop
- I depend on (1) wheels and (2) old B&D Workmates.
This past year I got the garage cleaned out so the wife could park inside in nasty weather. Now everything is on wheels to roll into place and be put to use in just a couple of minutes.
The Workmate solution gives me a horse, a vise, and a table all at once. No, the top of the Workmate doesn't make a good table. I joined two stair treads together and added a cleat at the bottom to clamp in the Workmate vise. That makes a solid and stable assembly table.
The older Workmates stand on edge when folded -- the new ones aren't so kind. And the older ones are a bit lighter. I only pick up Type 2, 79-001, and similar units.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Cheesehead by birth, Graduate TEDS, 25+ years in IT.
- Central Ohio
- Theology, philosophy, film photography & darkroom.
- Favorite Router
- The one that fits the task at hand. I won't/can't very easily use the ELU for trim or the Ryobi for mounted work on hard wood. Each has its place.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name
- United States
|06:35 PM - vchiarelli mentioned collinb in post What am I doing wrong, or is there something else? |
collinb Collin - can you gi...
|01:50 PM - Nickp quoted collinb in post What am I doing wrong, or is there something else? |
Building 3 corner shelves. G...