crowie crowie is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- I have almost too many tools, just need a bigger shed.......
17" Bandsaw, 14" Scrollsaw, Bobbins sander, 6" Jointer, 6" combination bench saw, 12" bench disc sander, 12" Thicknesser, 10" Slide Compound Double Bevel Mitre Saw, 6" bench grinder, 8 speed Pedestral Drill, 6 Speed Bench Drill, 12" Bench Bandsaw, 4 powered drills, 6 cordless drills, 1 cordless impact driver, 1 cordless circular saw, 1 cordless recip saw, 1 cordless right angle drill, 1 powered right angle drill, 1 powered drop saw, 1 powered foam cutter, 1 powered nibbler, 1 powered shears, 2 powered hand planer, 2 delta sanders, 1 cordless multitool,3 4" angle grinders, 1 5" angle grinder, 1 9" angle grinder, 1 7" polisher/sander, 1 cordless sabresaw, 2 powered belt sander, 3 powered osilating sanders, 3 powered random orbital sanders, 5 dremel units, 2 powered jigsaws, 1 2hp air compressor, 2 welders, 2 pneumatic bradders, i pneumatic nailer, various pneumatic tools, PLUS a lot of hand tools, some very old.....
Well maybe too many for the small space.....need a bigger shed.....
- My Shop
- I have a 20x10 portable building up the back plus under the house 9to10' wide x 20' and all very cramped, but provides additional timber storage from hangers.....
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I joined the Royal Australian Navy at 15.5yrs old then did an engineering apprenticeship in the Navy; medical discharged after 7 yrs; found & married a beautiful lady in 1980 & still married to her [top girl]; have 3 daughters & 2 grandsons; working in engineering procurement for 20yrs; was nearly "KO'ed" in my second head on car crash in 1999; I have an Acquired Brain Injury after breaking the windscreen with my forehead; an semi-medically retired now and love my woodwork/toymaking.
Lifes good & I want to enjoy each new day...
I also enjoy helping & encouraging all & anyone who comes acroos my path...
- Lower Blue Mountains west of Sydney though born & raised in Queensland...
- Would not have "hope or a future" without Jesus my Lord; love my family; enjoy gardening; home & vehicle maintenance; photography; motor racing; I umpire netball in the winter for the past 20+ years, woodwork/toymaking
- Favorite Router
- I have 4 routers but really don't use them to there full.....
Makita Trimmer [made in japan],
Bosch Green 1/4" [made in switzland],
Makita 1.5HP 1/2" Old type [made in japan]
& Hitachi M20 1/2", I think, on a Triton Router Table....
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- I've played with woodwork all my married life, only really got serious about the toymaking 4-5yrs
- First Name