Danman1957 Danman1957 is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Al the usual; Table saw, joiner, planer, lathe, band saw floor model, oscillating spindle sander, combination rotary and belt sander, 12" miter saw, floor model drill press, dust collector,and many power and manual hand tools from orbital sanders to chisels and Japanese hand saws. And now a Busy Bee Craftex mortising machine, only $199. Recently added a ceiling air cleaner from General International.
- My Shop
- My shop is an attached garage 18.5 x 24ft with ceilings about 8.5ft. I just completed building my Home Depot tool shed Kit, a 10 x 10 space that will help unclutter the garage. When all is moved into it, I'll have a better idea of how to set up my shop to get the best flow for woodworking. I hope to have it set up by late July to early August. We moved here June 14th and this is our 5th home. I promised my wife this is the last.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Hello everyone,
I have been working with wood for over 25 years now. In the 90's I operated a renovation co and I have developed an interest in the last 10 years in fine furniture building and crafting. At age 50 I decided that I wanted some formal training and enrolled at Merlin fine woodworking school. With the tools I already had and the knowledge from the courses I feel I can tackle most woodworking challenges. I took the courses because I felt that Norm Abram was a great influence but I wanted to see what else was out there. Since Merlin Fine Woodworking school closed I have now opened Woodwork King school and I am giving lessons in my shop and so far so good, I have given 3 sessions of beginner and intermediate classes.
- St Clet west of Montreal
- I also enjoy classic rock and muscle cars. I sold my 57 Chevy 3 years ago and I'm starting to look for another project. I am also a Mr. Fix it kind of guy. I can and have done most repairs in my homes over the years and will attempt anything except connecting a circuit to a breaker box because of insurance restrictions.
- Favorite Router
- My favorite router is my $99 3-1/2 HP King plunge router. At that price it's hard to beat. I will be mounting it in a router table one of these days, I 've had the New Yankee Workshop plans for a couple of years now and I will find the time to build it.I also have a Black & Decker plunge router and a mini router that is part of my rotary tool kit.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 25 +
- First Name
- Don't fear your tools, pay attention and respect the tools and avoid injury.
- Total Albums: 1
- Total Pictures: 6
- Albums Created by Danman1957
- Last Activity: 02-16-2020 10:55 AM
- Join Date: 03-14-2009
- Referrals: 0
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- Registered User
- rene0051 is offline
|02:19 PM - peterbata mentioned Danman1957 in post French Cleat |
Danman1957. Looks like your son...
|11:44 PM - old55 mentioned Danman1957 in post Happy Birthday Danman1957 |
Danman1957 Happy Birthday ...
|06:32 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned Danman1957 in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
Danman1957 That's a tremendous...
|11:27 AM - peterbata mentioned Danman1957 in post Jigsaw Recommendation |
... Dan Thank you Danman1957. I couldn't have sai...
|04:54 PM - peterbata mentioned Danman1957 in post Safety Glasses |
... Dan Thank you Danman1957. I am going to take ...
|10:41 AM - peterbata mentioned Danman1957 in post Greetings |
Danman1957. Good morning. Actua...
|07:00 AM - TwoSkies57 mentioned Danman1957 in post Jack's Box |
...Shop guy, MEBCWD, Danman1957, Herb Stoops, Cher...
|01:12 PM - tomp913 mentioned Danman1957 in post Dust Collection |
Danman1957 Pretty happy with...
|10:56 PM - AshleyJ mentioned Danman1957 in post Puzzle - best way to straight & parallel... |
... Why aim lower? @Danman1957... and anyone else b...
|07:57 AM - Joel Graff mentioned Danman1957 in post Roundover with eccentric radius |
...ne replied... :) Danman1957, I hadn't considered...
|06:00 PM - Stick486 mentioned Danman1957 in post Newbie from Small town Pa |
|07:27 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned Danman1957 in post Informative Video |
Danman1957 I think the Triton...
|04:55 PM - OutoftheWoodwork mentioned Danman1957 in post Changing Names? |
Danman1957 my creativity stops ...
|12:38 PM - comp56 mentioned Danman1957 in post New Member From Canada |
... the welcomes...... Danman1957 I was born in Italy ...
|12:18 AM - Cherryville Chuck quoted Danman1957 in post Router Bits, how many ? |
I noticed one picture has the s...
|08:10 AM - harrysin quoted Danman1957 in post Whoís afraid of Alzheimerís? |
Harry, I guess I'm one of t...
|09:03 PM - st8yd quoted Danman1957 in post Construction Master Pro or the likes...? |
but I still use a graph paper, ...
|05:59 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted Danman1957 in post Just a shout out to the guys who explained |
James, I live just west of Mon...
|12:00 PM - DesertRatTom quoted Danman1957 in post Just a shout out to the guys who explained |
James, ... where cane one liv...
|02:41 PM - Nickp quoted Danman1957 in post replacement bit for General dovetail jig 861 |
Stevie and Steve, General no...
|02:55 PM - PhilBa quoted Danman1957 in post Router Bits, how many ? |
Happy New Year to all, I am ...
|04:33 PM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post Go ahead.... |
WOW, . I have nothing to hid...
|02:43 PM - thomas1389 quoted Danman1957 in post Trouble going to sleep? |
Sexercise !!!! sleep after with...
|04:51 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted Danman1957 in post Hello from a new member |
... visited Daninvan. Danman1957 Iím in BC and can...
|11:50 PM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post Woodworking Community Project |
Stick has some interesting PDF'...
|11:52 AM - Cherryville Chuck quoted Danman1957 in post Collaborative Project...who wants to participate...? |
Biagio, I guess I forgot to...
|10:41 AM - harrysin quoted Danman1957 in post Proof |
Harry, I learned this from Sti...
|11:58 PM - Biagio quoted Danman1957 in post Collaborative Project...who wants to participate...? |
???? ABHOR ???? WOW !!! WHERE D...
|11:36 AM - thomas1389 quoted Danman1957 in post Collaborative Project...who wants to participate...? |
???? ABHOR ???? WOW !!! WHERE D...
|08:53 AM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post Collaborative Project...who wants to participate...? |
I vote for Robertson screwdrive...
|05:03 PM - Gene Howe quoted Danman1957 in post Looking for a Planer |
I have always heard positive co...
|09:24 PM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post Rust prevention |
I use Turtle Wax car wax on my ...
|08:45 PM - BCR quoted Danman1957 in post Fire safety, small shop must have, cheap and safe |
I have 3 in my shop, 2 as shown...
|09:51 AM - thomas1389 quoted Danman1957 in post Choosing Types of Wood |
Tom, I hear ya, but there are...