Danman1957 Danman1957 is online now
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Al the usual; Table saw, joiner, planer, lathe, band saw floor model, oscillating spindle sander, combination rotary and belt sander, 12" miter saw, floor model drill press, dust collector,and many power and manual hand tools from orbital sanders to chisels and Japanese hand saws. And now a Busy Bee Craftex mortising machine, only $199. Recently added a ceiling air cleaner from General International.
- My Shop
- My shop is an attached garage 18.5 x 24ft with ceilings about 8.5ft. I just completed building my Home Depot tool shed Kit, a 10 x 10 space that will help unclutter the garage. When all is moved into it, I'll have a better idea of how to set up my shop to get the best flow for woodworking. I hope to have it set up by late July to early August. We moved here June 14th and this is our 5th home. I promised my wife this is the last.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Hello everyone,
I have been working with wood for over 25 years now. In the 90's I operated a renovation co and I have developed an interest in the last 10 years in fine furniture building and crafting. At age 50 I decided that I wanted some formal training and enrolled at Merlin fine woodworking school. With the tools I already had and the knowledge from the courses I feel I can tackle most woodworking challenges. I took the courses because I felt that Norm Abram was a great influence but I wanted to see what else was out there. Since Merlin Fine Woodworking school closed I have now opened Woodwork King school and I am giving lessons in my shop and so far so good, I have given 3 sessions of beginner and intermediate classes.
- St Clet west of Montreal
- I also enjoy classic rock and muscle cars. I sold my 57 Chevy 3 years ago and I'm starting to look for another project. I am also a Mr. Fix it kind of guy. I can and have done most repairs in my homes over the years and will attempt anything except connecting a circuit to a breaker box because of insurance restrictions.
- Favorite Router
- My favorite router is my $99 3-1/2 HP King plunge router. At that price it's hard to beat. I will be mounting it in a router table one of these days, I 've had the New Yankee Workshop plans for a couple of years now and I will find the time to build it.I also have a Black & Decker plunge router and a mini router that is part of my rotary tool kit.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 25 +
- First Name
- Don't fear your tools, pay attention and respect the tools and avoid injury.
- Total Albums: 1
- Total Pictures: 6
- Albums Created by Danman1957
- Last Activity: Today 10:43 AM
- Join Date: 03-14-2009
- Referrals: 0
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- Registered User
- rene0051 is offline
|12:47 AM - old55 mentioned Danman1957 in post Happy Birthday Danman1957 |
Danman1957 Happy Birthday ...
|06:52 PM - OutoftheWoodwork mentioned Danman1957 in post My latest Covid 19 project |
Danman1957 you need to sneak ov...
|01:19 PM - peterbata mentioned Danman1957 in post French Cleat |
Danman1957. Looks like your son...
|10:44 PM - old55 mentioned Danman1957 in post Happy Birthday Danman1957 |
Danman1957 Happy Birthday ...
|05:32 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned Danman1957 in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
Danman1957 That's a tremendous...
|10:27 AM - peterbata mentioned Danman1957 in post Jigsaw Recommendation |
... Dan Thank you Danman1957. I couldn't have sai...
|03:54 PM - peterbata mentioned Danman1957 in post Safety Glasses |
... Dan Thank you Danman1957. I am going to take ...
|09:41 AM - peterbata mentioned Danman1957 in post Greetings |
Danman1957. Good morning. Actua...
|06:00 AM - TwoSkies57 mentioned Danman1957 in post Jack's Box |
...Shop guy, MEBCWD, Danman1957, Herb Stoops, Cher...
|12:12 PM - tomp913 mentioned Danman1957 in post Dust Collection |
Danman1957 Pretty happy with...
|09:56 PM - AshleyJ mentioned Danman1957 in post Puzzle - best way to straight & parallel... |
... Why aim lower? @Danman1957... and anyone else b...
|06:57 AM - Joel Graff mentioned Danman1957 in post Roundover with eccentric radius |
...ne replied... :) Danman1957, I hadn't considered...
|05:00 PM - Stick486 mentioned Danman1957 in post Newbie from Small town Pa |
|06:27 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned Danman1957 in post Informative Video |
Danman1957 I think the Triton...
|03:55 PM - OutoftheWoodwork mentioned Danman1957 in post Changing Names? |
Danman1957 my creativity stops ...
|11:38 AM - comp56 mentioned Danman1957 in post New Member From Canada |
... the welcomes...... Danman1957 I was born in Italy ...
|04:19 AM - MYB quoted Danman1957 in post Keeping busy during lock down |
Mark, I have been back at wo...
|10:57 AM - TenGees quoted Danman1957 in post Which router bits and saw blades for acrylic sheet? |
...I also use a fine tooth meta...
|11:36 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted Danman1957 in post Eagle and Fish |
If you bet that I'm loaded, sor...
|01:01 PM - beltramidave quoted Danman1957 in post Eagle and Fish |
Dave, I really like these ca...
|12:03 PM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post Wild Turkey Problem (not the drink) |
nobody mentioned a fence !!! ...
|11:13 AM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post The Origin of the Taco |
Stick, Either your recipe or...
|11:32 AM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post The Origin of the Taco |
I used to love my mom's mince &...
|09:44 AM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post Stick's new avatar?? |
Quite the face lift Buddy, is i...
|07:01 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted Danman1957 in post WiFi access point installed in corner shelf |
Hey Rick, you have the same sho...
|10:42 AM - Nickp quoted Danman1957 in post Tenons on Long boards? |
I like all those suggestions bu...
|03:00 PM - Bstrom quoted Danman1957 in post A blast from my passed |
That will probably be passed do...
|07:08 AM - Bstrom quoted Danman1957 in post Safety First! |
Brian, It's funny to hear some...
|10:31 AM - Bstrom quoted Danman1957 in post It ainít perfect, but... |
Brian, We all tend to be cri...
|01:01 PM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post Different Polish Eagle - kind of |
Stick, BTW, I thought you ar...
|09:12 AM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post Shopsmith Mounted Router Table |
Randy, I made my bench cooki...
|08:46 AM - Bstrom quoted Danman1957 in post Safety First! |
Theo, Fear is NOT a good thi...
|08:45 AM - JOAT quoted Danman1957 in post Safety First! |
Theo, Fear is NOT a good thing...
|11:30 PM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post Different Polish Eagle - kind of |
Polish, German , American... I ...
|11:28 PM - Stick486 quoted Danman1957 in post Lee Valley Compact Router Table |
I guess I'll need a Colt when I...
|10:56 PM - JOAT quoted Danman1957 in post Nib on a Hand Saw? Answer from Disston |
Wow, only OLD guys would know t...