David Dickson David Dickson is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Bosch POF 500A.
Power Pro router table and router.
Bosch GTS 10 XC table saw (my newest toy).
MacAllister Sliding Compound Miter Saw.
Startrite Bandit bandsaw (needs a service).
Several Bosche green items (circular saw, drills, jigsaw, sanders, etc.).
Bosch blue hammer drill which I have had since c. 1983 and is still going strong.
Trend Pocket Screw jig (great tool).
Trend A30 shop vacuum.
One of my current projects is a home-made table saw.
- My Shop
- My workshop is my garage (where I store everything) and my patio (where I wheel everything out when I want to do some woodwork). When it rains, nothing big gets built - if I am lucky I can build or tinker with jigs, but usually I just tidy up.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I live with my wife and our two daughters (born in 2002 and 2004) in leafy Surrey. I have made my living in and around the computer software industry for longer than I care to remember, but I am currently "between assignments".
- Surrey, UK
- I like cooking and eating oriental food (Indian, Chinese, Thai, etc.).
I enjoy personal computing, photography, cycling and DIY.
On a Friday evening, I usually have a few beers down the pub with my friends.
- Favorite Router
- I currently have a Bosch POF 500A.
I also have a Power Pro router table and router.
I am looking at one of the Bosch Professional routers, and also at one of the Trend routers, but I am still undecided.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 20 years, on and off, but I am just a hobbyist, inspired by Norm Abram and Paul Sellers..
- First Name
- United Kingdom
- When my time comes, I want to die like my grandfather did - quietly, and in his sleep - not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car.
|09:19 AM - Nickp quoted David Dickson in post Shop hack and question about table saws |
Yes. There is a bit of slop, and y...
|10:41 PM - vindaloo quoted David Dickson in post One For Harry |
...............A lot of people tho...
|05:07 AM - OutoftheWoodwork quoted David Dickson in post Pallet Project Ideas |
Speaking of pallets, have you seen...
|08:06 AM - Nickp quoted David Dickson in post Programmable Box Joint Jig: First Run | Raspberry Pi 3 + Windows 10 IoT Core |
What do you guys and girls think o...
|06:36 AM - Nickp quoted David Dickson in post A shop reminder |
And I thought it was:- "I see!" s...
|06:25 AM - vindaloo quoted David Dickson in post About time for a new........ |
"I want one," he whined. Nice. D...
|06:28 PM - Scottart quoted David Dickson in post Witches broom |
Showing my age here ..... Why ...
|08:33 AM - Nickp quoted David Dickson in post Happy Birthday Nickp |
Hope you have / had a great day. ...
|11:21 AM - N'awlins77 quoted David Dickson in post New Drill/Driver and Impact, holding and charging station |
I like the idea of the coloured ta...
|08:23 PM - MT Stringer quoted David Dickson in post Problem with Sketchup 2016 Opening Screen |
I don't know if this will work wi...
|08:50 AM - thomas1389 quoted David Dickson in post The remodel is almost done |
I got one of those! . Definit...
|06:22 PM - furboo quoted David Dickson in post Table Saw Tip |
Got something almost identical on ...
|10:54 AM - Ratbob quoted David Dickson in post Bandsaw Light |
Funnily enough, I just bought this...
|06:36 PM - rpludwig quoted David Dickson in post Rocking chair refinish advice needed... |
Once you have stripped the paint, ...
|11:57 AM - NickyP quoted David Dickson in post Old Wood & Rubber Balls keep Saws well-Hung! |
Love it. Got to make one. Even i...