dayzman dayzman is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Tools, well my shop overflows, but I keep adding. Routing is certainly not my favorite hobby. But I do have an over/under
shopsmith that I have added drawers to the bottom. The over is a 3 1/4 HP Under is a 2 1/2 HP. I also have three more routers, just can't seem to pass up a good deal when I find one. I built some drawers (over the weekend) for a stand for my "new" 12" sliding compound miter saw. Silly me instead of using my router to make rabbits, I used my table saw.
My main tool stach is shopsmith. Currently have only three of them, I just sold an old 10ER that was in perfect condition. But since I only used it for sharpening lathe chisels, I decided to let it go to someone who might use it. I bought a grizzly sharpener.
Shopsmith, 3 markV's one upgraded to a 510. For accessories, I have power planner, jigsaw, jointer and all the accessories that go with the above. Delta XL10 table saw, grizzly 14" bandsaw, and an older Powermatic 90 lathe.
- My Shop
- Not big enough. One bay of a three bay garage that I have enclosed with air conditioning and fans.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- born back in the country in Viking, Alberta, Canada, back in 1944. Moved to Edmonton in 1970. Moved to Maine in 1998 and then south to Cape Coral, FL in 2008. I think I am here to stay for a while. Don't we all say that?
I have lurked here for some time. I belong to shopsmith users group, machinist group, and a SSR forum. Yup, I spend a lot of my "spare" time on the computer. I used to build and repair them. My computer time is my "rest" time from my other hobbies. Oh and the older I get seems I also rest a lot in my spare time too.
- Cape Coral, FL
- Too many. Sawdust therapy, garden therapy, Computers, and landscaping. Golf used to be my thing, but seems not enough time for that any more.
- Favorite Router
- One that works.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- Started at "shop" back in school days. Then when I retired in 1992 I found wood again.
- First Name
- United States