demographic demographic is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- I don't have a workshop, I have a van. Can't remember exact model numbers for my tools but here goes.
Hitachi 18 volt rattle gun.
Hitachi 18 volt combi cordless.
Hitachi 18 volt Multitool.
Festool TS55 REQ circular plungesaw (110 volt) two 1400mm lengths of track and a 1080mm one.
Festool CTM 26 AC extractor.
Hitachi 235mm circular saw (110 volt). Its too big for daily use but OK sometimes.
Makita Mitre saw (110 volt).
De-Walt powerplaner (again 110 volt and its the one that takes 4mm off in a pass).
Hitachi cordless gas first fix nail gun.
Hitachi cordless gas second fix brad gun.
Hitachi SDS drill (110 volt, are you seeing a pattern yet?)
Metabo STEB 140 Jigsaw (110 volt).
Hitachi M12 V2 router (110 volt, bit big but smooth to use)
De Walt D26200 Compact fixed base router (really nice little item and a joy to use, think its also called a DW611 across the pond).
PLS 180 self leveling laser with receiver, its a dead handy little thing and the beeper makes it even better.
- My Shop
- Its small, its so small that its got about the same internal area as a Smilie face Transit van.
In fact, thats what it is.
I'm a subbie so pretty much all of my work is done on other peoples sites and ideally I avoid working in domestic houses (at least when the owner is living in them) like the plague.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Self employed subcontractor carpenter.
- The Duchy of Grand Fenwick, otherwise known as Great Britain.
- Motorbikes, old British made hand tools and all sorts of stuff.
- Favorite Router
- Fairly new to this router business, got a Hitachi M12V2 thats OK for kitchen worktop joints but a bit numb otherwise and a DeWalt D26200 compact router thats a really nice little thing for most of the other stuff I want to do.
I feel like I should know more about their uses and thats why I'm here.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 12 years self employed and a bit more before that working for others.
- First Name
- United Kingdom
|11:16 AM - AndyL quoted demographic in post Hand planes. |
Seems a lot of people like 4's a...
|10:22 AM - cocobolo1 quoted demographic in post 1959-60 Sears W'dworking Tools |
Local workshop I've sometimes wo...
|09:52 AM - JohnnyB60 quoted demographic in post How do I make cone shaped or tapered hole? |
Predrill and use a tapered bit? ...
|02:08 PM - cocobolo1 quoted demographic in post routing stone |
As mentioned, it is possible to ...
|04:28 PM - cocobolo1 quoted demographic in post Drywall Axe |
Every dryliner I've ever seen ha...
|06:32 AM - paduke quoted demographic in post Triton Track Saw - and others? |
One thing that's worth bearing i...
|01:40 PM - cocobolo1 quoted demographic in post Table with inlaid stones in the top. |
I doubt I will be making it too ...
|08:09 PM - vindaloo quoted demographic in post It's final Boston pulled out of the 2024 Olympics |
.......London's not really one o...
|02:28 AM - woodworker28 quoted demographic in post Is this quote correct? 90% |
Possibly so but the table takes ...
|05:13 PM - darsev quoted demographic in post Anyone use a Festool track saw ? |
The only finish product I've cut...
|05:32 PM - MT Stringer quoted demographic in post What a shame they went belly up |
Two sawhorses, a couple of bits ...