difalkner difalkner is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- CNC Saturn router frame is here - 7/8/16! Powermatic Model 66 table saw, Model 54A jointer, Delta DJ-15 jointer (SOLD!), 1948 Oliver 159-A 8' lathe (still for sale!), Boice Crane 15" floor model drill press, 1944 Delta 24" scroll saw, DeWALT 6x48 belt 10" disc sander, 1950 King Seeley 12" bandsaw, SuperMax 19-38 drum sander with DRO, Laguna 14 SUV bandsaw, and various other tools like DeWALT miter saw, over arm router, etc.
- My Shop
- Like many, my shop is our two car garage and the focus is building acoustic guitars. My wife is an absolute Angel and fully supports me getting into building guitars or whatever I want in the shop so our cars stay outside and the tools/wood stay inside. The shop is 20'x20', well lit, and climate controlled. We're building it out as we have time around work schedules.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- My woodworking started as a young teenager and it just seems like I have always been into this. I was a machinist, then into plastics (injection, blow, and rotational molding), and managed a refinishing/restoration business for a few years. Then in the mid 80's I started my own woodworking business building and designing custom furniture, refinishing, restorations, repairs, etc. At one point I had a partner and about 10 employees. It was a good business but I jumped off into an environmental service company as sales manager/IT manager and have been in the Technology Sales world ever since. But I kept some of my old tools from the Woodshop days. Now I'm gearing up to build acoustic guitars in my little home shop and having a blast resurrecting the old skills, along with building a beast of a CNC router in 2016.
Update 3/23/18 - As of early 2016 the Technology company I worked for pulled out of Louisiana. Since we didn't want to move we decided that I would stay home and do woodworking so that's what I have been doing for the last two years. We've opened our Etsy shop and I have local work that fits our shop capabilities - no large pieces.
- NW Louisiana
- Guitars, music, photography, cars
- Favorite Router
- Bosch is what I have now
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 50+ years
- First Name
- United States
|12:46 PM - Herb Stoops mentioned difalkner in post new (to me) small drum sander Grizzly G0716 |
difalkner That is good to know...
|10:29 PM - old55 mentioned difalkner in post Happy Birthday difalkner |
difalkner Happy Birthday Da...
|05:34 PM - kyot56 mentioned difalkner in post Help filling guitar body neck pocket |
... the best course. difalkner-lol, yeah, it's been...
|07:45 AM - difalkner mentioned Admin in post malicious web page |
...t browser, etc.? Admin - is there a certifi...
|02:39 PM - Biagio mentioned difalkner in post 10 Commandments in English and Hebrew |
difalkner David, I posed your ...
|04:21 PM - OutoftheWoodwork mentioned difalkner in post He BROKETED It! |
difalkner I lowered the press ...
|08:55 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post DeWalt 733 planer died today |
difalkner David My apologies...
|02:54 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post DeWalt 733 planer died today |
difalkner So, I failed to not...
|03:26 AM - Nickp mentioned difalkner in post Carrying Panels...? Thumbs Hurt...? |
...dation, Sominus and difalkner... I figured the tw...
|02:22 PM - difalkner mentioned Glen in post |
|11:08 AM - difalkner mentioned Admin in post Subscriptions Won't Disable Notifications |
...ifferent? David Admin - can y'all take a l...
|02:20 PM - OutoftheWoodwork mentioned difalkner in post Problem with Dewalt Planer |
difalkner :lol: love the analo...
|04:12 PM - difalkner mentioned Sjwwalker in post DIY CNC router - Original design |
Sjwwalker Welcome to the forum...
|12:35 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Important information |
difalkner David: Appreciat...
|07:40 AM - difalkner mentioned Cricket in post PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: New Moderator difalkner! |
...June 31, 2019 - and Cricket has the condo until ...
|05:09 PM - difalkner mentioned Cricket in post |
|09:03 PM - old55 mentioned difalkner in post Happy Birthday difalkner |
difalkner Happy Birthday ...
|07:01 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Best wood glue? |
... Cheers Jon difalkner David, sorry abou...
|06:48 PM - UglySign mentioned difalkner in post Paging David... Bueller... Bueller |
difalkner How is Carveco doi...
|12:33 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Review of CNCs |
difalkner David: I googled &...
|01:34 AM - Dukeland quoted difalkner in post Hello from Canada |
Welcome to the forum! Add you...
|01:26 PM - MoHawk quoted difalkner in post Wood Lathe Duplicator |
Very nice, Bob. Got any photo...
|10:04 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted difalkner in post Audiophile audio rack |
That's actually one of the web...
|08:28 AM - OutoftheWoodwork quoted difalkner in post Help filling guitar body neck pocket |
I have built an acoustic and p...
|04:45 PM - Marco quoted difalkner in post V-bit photo carving and US Flag |
Without the lines; as in a 3D ...
|07:59 AM - honesttjohn quoted difalkner in post Branching out........ |
Looks good, John! In this cas...
|09:30 AM - fishrman quoted difalkner in post Better fisherman than woodworker |
Welcome to the forum, John! ...
|07:12 AM - Cncest quoted difalkner in post Dog hunt panel |
Nice, Dan! I'm always curious...
|05:31 AM - jayJ1911 quoted difalkner in post New member |
Welcome to the forum, Jay! Ad...
|10:26 AM - beltramidave quoted difalkner in post Cedar Sign |
That's a really good looking s...
|09:42 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted difalkner in post Piping the dust collection system to table saw |
First suggestion, Rick, is to ...
|03:29 PM - Mikita21 quoted difalkner in post Hello |
Welcome to the forum, Terry! ...
|02:50 PM - Cncest quoted difalkner in post Old man Logcabin |
Very nicely done, Dan! How lo...
|03:47 PM - Herb Stoops quoted difalkner in post Mystery wood |
That has happened when he came...
|09:28 AM - rjunique quoted difalkner in post Absolute noobie to CNC |
When I built our CNC I began l...
|08:48 AM - RickKr quoted difalkner in post Fort Ladder / Merging Threads |
Looks great, Rick! That'll ge...
|06:23 PM - Stick486 quoted difalkner in post Third timer for family |
Very nice and clean work, John...
|04:52 PM - Cncest quoted difalkner in post Deer panel 500x250x35mm |
That's what I have for our 3kW...
|09:52 AM - Cncest quoted difalkner in post Deer panel 500x250x35mm |
That doesn't take away from th...
|09:16 AM - Cncest quoted difalkner in post Deer panel 500x250x35mm |
Very nice! Did you create the...