difalkner difalkner is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- CNC Saturn router frame is here - 7/8/16! Powermatic Model 66 table saw, Model 54A jointer, Delta DJ-15 jointer (SOLD!), 1948 Oliver 159-A 8' lathe (still for sale!), Boice Crane 15" floor model drill press, 1944 Delta 24" scroll saw, DeWALT 6x48 belt 10" disc sander, 1950 King Seeley 12" bandsaw, SuperMax 19-38 drum sander with DRO, Laguna 14 SUV bandsaw, and various other tools like DeWALT miter saw, over arm router, etc.
- My Shop
- Like many, my shop is our two car garage and the focus is building acoustic guitars. My wife is an absolute Angel and fully supports me getting into building guitars or whatever I want in the shop so our cars stay outside and the tools/wood stay inside. The shop is 20'x20', well lit, and climate controlled. We're building it out as we have time around work schedules.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- My woodworking started as a young teenager and it just seems like I have always been into this. I was a machinist, then into plastics (injection, blow, and rotational molding), and managed a refinishing/restoration business for a few years. Then in the mid 80's I started my own woodworking business building and designing custom furniture, refinishing, restorations, repairs, etc. At one point I had a partner and about 10 employees. It was a good business but I jumped off into an environmental service company as sales manager/IT manager and have been in the Technology Sales world ever since. But I kept some of my old tools from the Woodshop days. Now I'm gearing up to build acoustic guitars in my little home shop and having a blast resurrecting the old skills, along with building a beast of a CNC router in 2016.
Update 3/23/18 - As of early 2016 the Technology company I worked for pulled out of Louisiana. Since we didn't want to move we decided that I would stay home and do woodworking so that's what I have been doing for the last two years. We've opened our Etsy shop and I have local work that fits our shop capabilities - no large pieces.
- NW Louisiana
- Guitars, music, photography, cars
- Favorite Router
- Bosch is what I have now
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 45+ years
- First Name
- United States
|03:22 PM - difalkner mentioned Glen in post |
|12:08 PM - difalkner mentioned Admin in post Subscriptions Won't Disable Notifications |
...ifferent? David Admin - can y'all take a l...
|03:20 PM - OutoftheWoodwork mentioned difalkner in post Problem with Dewalt Planer |
difalkner :lol: love the analo...
|05:12 PM - difalkner mentioned Sjwwalker in post DIY CNC router - Original design |
Sjwwalker Welcome to the forum...
|01:35 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Important information |
difalkner David: Appreciat...
|08:40 AM - difalkner mentioned Cricket in post PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT: New Moderator difalkner! |
...June 31, 2019 - and Cricket has the condo until ...
|06:09 PM - difalkner mentioned Cricket in post |
|10:03 PM - old55 mentioned difalkner in post Happy Birthday difalkner |
difalkner Happy Birthday ...
|08:01 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Best wood glue? |
... Cheers Jon difalkner David, sorry abou...
|07:48 PM - UglySign mentioned difalkner in post Paging David... Bueller... Bueller |
difalkner How is Carveco doi...
|01:33 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Review of CNCs |
difalkner David: I googled &...
|09:27 AM - vchiarelli mentioned difalkner in post restoring hand planes |
... to a post by Dave difalkner on electrolysis and ...
|07:44 AM - difalkner mentioned ger21 in post CNC Router Owner |
...ong. It's possible ger21 may know something a...
|07:46 AM - difalkner mentioned Cricket in post Activatation & IP messages |
Cricket - can you help Gary ...
|07:53 PM - Herb Stoops mentioned difalkner in post Inspector General Badge, Walnut |
difalkner After the laser and...
|11:08 PM - difalkner mentioned whitleymw in post V-carve Issues |
...elcome to the forum whitleymw ! When you get a mi...
|09:41 PM - difalkner mentioned Cricket in post Any Ideas? |
Cricket - can you assist wit...
|04:54 PM - TwoSkies57 mentioned difalkner in post Just a lil fun |
difalkner David... this last ...
|12:14 PM - JFPNCM mentioned difalkner in post Hello from Nevada |
difalkner David, just noticed...
|02:23 AM - old55 mentioned difalkner in post Happy Birthday difalkner |
difalkner Happy Birthday ...
|08:53 AM - Reehtjurd quoted difalkner in post Newbie, X&Y-Axis output are off. |
Have you checked your drives f...
|10:54 AM - Reehtjurd quoted difalkner in post Newbie, X&Y-Axis output are off. |
What is that you're cutting, R...
|06:42 AM - Rusty Nesmith quoted difalkner in post First CNC project |
Nope, you tested methods to pr...
|07:38 PM - Mickeyfolse quoted difalkner in post New Multilayer inlay project |
LOL! Yup, often, I guess. :wi...
|11:19 AM - dman2 quoted difalkner in post New Multilayer inlay project |
but if you want it off you can...
|03:01 PM - UglySign quoted difalkner in post Chili-grower building a wooden CNC router? Amiteur!! |
Pics were hosted on Jeff's sit...
|10:30 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted difalkner in post Another pattern |
In my case, with a mini-split ...
|06:12 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted difalkner in post Another pattern |
Another great job, Oscar! And...
|08:09 PM - thomas1389 quoted difalkner in post Intro |
One of the most used tools in ...
|01:22 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted difalkner in post All things Sarah Taylor ? |
Oh, oh, I know, I know - pick ...
|10:27 PM - Stick486 quoted difalkner in post Diablo 10” blades for cutting aluminum |
Rick, I believe Freud makes th...
|06:42 PM - Mickeyfolse quoted difalkner in post New Multilayer inlay project |
Any issues with LSU for you do...
|10:48 AM - Mickeyfolse quoted difalkner in post New Multilayer inlay project |
Great looking project, Mickey!...
|01:14 PM - Mickeyfolse quoted difalkner in post Need a backboard for a large inlay |
Excellent job, Mickey!! Where...
|03:41 PM - HDVideo quoted difalkner in post CNC - calibration issues for inlay work |
...I rarely use Lead In or Lea...
|02:05 AM - BTimmer quoted difalkner in post Can Only Edit My Post |
Which settings are turned off,...
|11:19 PM - Rusty Nesmith quoted difalkner in post Hello all. |
Welcome to the forum, Rusty! ...
|11:24 AM - tooler2 quoted difalkner in post CNC - calibration issues for inlay work |
Gauge blocks won't help much, ...
|05:17 PM - UglySign quoted difalkner in post Compound bits - tip for better results |
For anyone who hasnt seen the ...
|05:12 PM - DesertRatTom quoted difalkner in post Walnut door prizes |
Thanks, Tom! There's a theme ...