dmac257 dmac257 is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Harbour Freight stuff mostly - Table saw, jig saw, drill, drill press
Brand name stuff - Makita 3612 plunge router, and RotoZip spiral cutting
- My Shop
- I have what I think is a passable workbench in my basement with a cheap clamp at one end and twin screw clamp across the entire opposite end. It has two long drawers between the legs on opposite sides for planes and chisels.
Another bench made from an old door slab and 2x4 with hand miter saw and benchtop drill press.
Not so portable table saw, which I take outside, still have crappy top and fence but will upgrade this spring when the weather is better.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I have always been fond of working with wood, ever since my grandfather had me helping him build bookcases and secretary desks in his basement, however I have never had the time or tools to become a craftsman like him. I enjoy creating things and building things but never good enough at it for gifting items to others. I don't have a workshop and for any project that makes dust need to haul tools from the basement to outside. Now I am retired and have time, but fixed income means save up for stuff for a while before buying.
- Southern Connecticut
- electronics, computers, 3D printing, photography, home building/construction, alternative energy, sewing (not clothing), camping, hiking, survival skills, space exploration, writing, and there are sure to be others.
- Favorite Router
- My only experience with router WAS with a 1/4" black and decker POS (can you tell I am mad at it) that almost exploded in my hand when the round over bit came loose and destroyed the baseplate. My brother (in-law) gave me a craftsman router table with a Makita 3612 plunge router that cleaned up well.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- about 50 years, but mostly utilitarian builds, not gift quality or furniture.
- First Name
- United States