dman2 dman2 is online now
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- My Shop
- a double-car garage. The poor cars get a carport!
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I'm a retired science teacher. I started woodworking in the 1970's -- bought a few hand planes (22", jack, block, spokeshave), a table saw, and some small tools and made a bit of furniture: dining table, bedroom side tables, shelving, etc to outfit the home, just after Marcia and I married. Teaching became intense, so there has been a 40 year hiatus! Marcia and I did make a log house in Jackson, WY, where I first taught. Used a drawknife, Makita drill (for setting rebar), a chain saw, hammers, and an old 1940 tractor (for pulling logs), and a few more small tools.
Worked at a Cancer Research Institute for 5 years as Teacher in Residence, where I helped create experiences for High School students to do research (gene editing, bone marrow transplant peripheral things, DNA manipulation, etc )
- Quinault, WA
- Hobbies: writing computer programs, photography, hiking, reading.
- Favorite Router
- Bosch plunge.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- Since 1974, when I made an oak table that we used for ages. All hand tools, as I was broke.
- First Name
- United States
|11:37 AM - difalkner quoted dman2 in post New Multilayer inlay project |
DNA? Doing some genetic en...
|08:24 AM - mgmine quoted dman2 in post How to find the circumference of a circle |
A plug-in slide rule? I st...
|06:21 PM - Stick486 quoted dman2 in post Identifying driftwood |
I built a log house with n...
|02:10 PM - PhilBa quoted dman2 in post Pasta Drying Rack |
Very nice! This will be my...
|12:55 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted dman2 in post entertainment center |
I came up with the floatin...
|02:48 AM - Stick486 quoted dman2 in post entertainment center |
That's why the horizontal ...
|12:04 PM - PhilBa quoted dman2 in post box with inlay |
"For those who aren't goin...