FatBear FatBear is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Sorry, I'm not wealthy enough to have all of the coolest tools. Mine are mostly old, often refurbished (by me), and were purchased based on need, not to fulfill a list of tools someone told me I ought to have. I do not have the room for a table saw, so I use circular saws and guides (and great care) when cutting sheet goods. And a radial arm saw for smaller pieces and dimension lumber. I hesitated to mention the RAS because most people who have never used one have ridiculous ideas about them. But mine has served me very well since 1979 and has done some amazing custom woodwork in various homes. Mileage may vary, I guess. I've got a 25+ year old Delta bandsaw, drill press, router table with heavy PC router, dust collector, air compressors (2), and an entire Gorilla rack full of hand held power tools.
- My Shop
- It occupies half of our slightly oversize two car garage. A wall made of shelving with plywood backing and tacked to the ceiling for stability separates it from my wife's side. I've added a couple of 20 Amp tool circuits (inspected!) and a ton of lighting. And since we retired here in sunny southern CA, I am able to do some work out in front of the garage when I need extra room - like for cutting sheet goods.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Was born, left the den, ate berries, ate honey, ate tourists, got fat, haven't died yet.
- In chaparral country.
- Eating berries and those fat, tender critters with the nice jingling bells on.
- Favorite Router
- I don't know what I prefer, just what I've got: A Porter Cable something-or-other plunge router. It has a 1/2" collet and turns on when I flip the switch. I also have a couple of those smaller, classic PC non-plungers and a PC trim router.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name
- United States
|07:22 PM - Stick486 quoted FatBear in post Butcher block top? |
Well there are two good ways...
|11:26 PM - Cherryville Chuck quoted FatBear in post Butcher block top? |
Yes, I will get a new router...
|11:41 AM - Stick486 quoted FatBear in post Butcher block top? |
I guess I understand all of ...
|11:25 AM - Stick486 quoted FatBear in post Butcher block top? |
It is long grain. Like you ...
|10:49 AM - Nickp quoted FatBear in post Butcher block top? |
Hi, I have a leftover pi...