FixitMike FixitMike is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Home built router table with Rockler top, Bench Dog Pro Lift, Incra fence adjuster, and PC 7518 router motor. PC 690 router, 2 Bosch Colt routers (one on my CNC table). Rockler Shark Pro Plus CNC router. Craftsman 10" radial arm saw. Craftsman Professional 10" cabinet saw. Delta 14" band saw. Old Craftsman 6" joiner. Ridgid 9" band saw. Ryobi spindle/belt sander. 2 1" belt sanders. Dayton 16" production drill press. Delta single stage dust collector. Jet overhead dust collector. Many hand power tools.
- My Shop
- My shop mostly takes up one side of our double garage. (My wife insists of having room t park her car.) The CNC router is on a table with long legs that straddles the lawn mower. Most of the tools go down the center of the garage one one side of the middle. I have a double power strip down the middle, hanging from the ceiling. It has a row of outlets, and two power strips. The power strips are hooked up to a dust collector control so whenever something that is plugged into them is turned on, the dust collector turns on.
I have another room with workbench and the drill press.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Retired Professional (Mechanical) Engineer. I'm a general fixit person, with a woodworking shop in my half of our garage. My first project was to build a outdoor playhouse for my sisters at the age of 16 in 1954.
- Burien, WA
- I'm an avid ballroom dancer. I've had more than a thousand lessons, but that probably represents how slow I am to learn, rather than indicating expertise. I have as much fun building jigs to simplify my projects as I have making the parts.
- Favorite Router
- Bosch Colt.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- I bought my first radial arm saw in 1962. You do the math.
- First Name
- United States
- Total Posts: 16
- Posts Per Day: 0.00
- Last Post: New Member, Looking for input on project (Garden Arch) 06-29-2020 02:25 PM
- Find all posts by FixitMike
- Find all threads started by FixitMike
- Last Activity: 07-06-2020 12:16 AM
- Join Date: 08-14-2011
- Referrals: 0
|10:35 AM - ABear quoted FixitMike in post New Member, Looking for input on project (Garden Arch) |
If you have mocked up the arch...
|10:00 PM - kolias quoted FixitMike in post Trunnion Design |
The center of the trunnion rad...
|02:40 AM - UglySign quoted FixitMike in post Router Speed Control for PC 7519 |
... getting somewheres FixitMike. What router do you...