Garyk Garyk is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Have all tools that one would find in a small cabinet shop. Most are now in storage and have bought downsized tools for my smaller work space. Delta cabinet saw, Ryobi table saw, drill press, band saw, router table, 16/32 sander, floor sander, compressor & air tools, spindle sander, several grinders, Jet lathe, scroll saw, joiner, planer, mortiser, and various hand tools. Tools were bought over the last 38 years.
- My Shop
- Original 1200 sf open span metal building with heat/air. (really miss that shop). Now a 10 x 20 storage building, no heat or air. A big come down. lol
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I have been into woodworking since leaving the Navy in 1965. Spent 2 years after discharge in commercial construction with some time in the mill work shop. Projects run from small (hand mirrors, pens & etc) to large (entertainment centers, desks, beds & etc) and the unusual (complete wood replacement on an Aeronca Champ (airplane). Have been in various woodwork and woodturning clubs and attended many classes. Built a 1200 sf shop upon retirement and made high end projects for craft shows and consignment projects. Relocated from SC to TN a few years ago and now just do hobby work in a much smaller shop. Mostly woodturning now due to limited space.
- Sevierville TN
- General woodwork & turning. Golf & flying. Traveling via motorhome.
- Favorite Router
- Bosch 1613 and PC 690. Have a Makita and PC laminate router that get limited use.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name
- United States
|12:22 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned Garyk in post Accupuncture - for pain. |
Garyk I know about the do...
|10:57 AM - DesertRatTom mentioned Garyk in post Accupuncture - for pain. |
Garyk Tried it once with...
|06:00 PM - furboo mentioned Garyk in post SawStop Contractor Saw Review |
Garyk Steve Gass (Sawst...
|09:29 AM - DesertRatTom quoted Garyk in post Another return doctor's visit. |
Everybody's path to pain r...
|10:27 AM - JonGeek_CNC quoted Garyk in post Machine Pricing Tool - [Free] - Just like Kelly Blue Book |
Nice. The problem with the...
|03:54 PM - Oakwerks quoted Garyk in post Jet 16-32 problem |
Haven't had the same probl...
|05:46 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted Garyk in post Have you ever considered turning your hobby into a business? |
If whatever idea you come ...
|07:53 PM - Dejure quoted Garyk in post An update on battery technology |
For all the electronics, h...
|10:08 AM - JOAT quoted Garyk in post An update on battery technology |
I don't know why the idea ...
|12:12 AM - harrysin quoted Garyk in post A very clever bandaid tip |
Good idea Harry. I also li...
|12:27 PM - Stick486 quoted Garyk in post A must see for older members |
Once a week and you guy's ...
|10:40 AM - JOAT quoted Garyk in post How to sharpen butt chisels? |
Thanks Don. Pocket knife s...
|07:30 AM - hawkeye10 quoted Garyk in post How to sharpen butt chisels? |
I have the right equipment...
|11:20 AM - Cherryville Chuck quoted Garyk in post How to sharpen butt chisels? |
The method works for carvi...
|06:54 AM - Mycrossover quoted Garyk in post Rail and Stile and Undersized Plywood - Advice?? |
My thought would be to edg...
|07:45 PM - Mycrossover quoted Garyk in post Two new 110 circuits in my shop. |
Unless there was no easy a...
|07:24 AM - papasombre quoted Garyk in post Rail and Stile and Undersized Plywood - Advice?? |
My thought would be to edg...
|11:08 PM - adamv7010 quoted Garyk in post Deals to write home about! |
Just bought one from the l...
|08:36 PM - JOAT quoted Garyk in post Colonoscopy Info |
I was immediately referred...
|12:52 PM - JIMMIEM quoted Garyk in post Colonoscopy Info |
Darn, this post is a bit l...
|11:34 PM - vindaloo quoted Garyk in post Is this the answer for those working out of a 10'x10' shed |
A suggestion to anyone buy...
|08:42 AM - JIMMIEM quoted Garyk in post GRK vs SPAX Cabinet Screws |
No. The original woodworki...
|08:13 AM - JIMMIEM quoted Garyk in post GRK vs SPAX Cabinet Screws |
Be cautious when buying SP...