gav gav is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- plunge router with 8mm collet 1300 watt
plunge router with 1/2 inch, 1/4 inch, 8mm collet 1500 watt
Plunge router with 12mm, 8mm collets 1500 watt
Cheapest tablesaw known to man, but works ok
small (smallest)combination planer thicknesser
2 angle grinders with wood carving accessories
Electric hand plane
small combination jointer/planer
Electric hand drills
cordless hammer drill
2 corded drills
cordless drill/ driver
various hand tools
- My Shop
- On the small side but better than nothing, approx. 20 m2
Still setting it up in the basement of a house on the outskirts of Zagreb.
The most unfortunate thing is my space is shared with the wood fired central heating for the whole house. Gets real smoky when it being lit up for the first time in a day and as no one sleeps at night, the temperature in my shop varies considerably over 24 hours. Not ideal for woodworking.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Had a great interest in building things out of what ever when I was a student way back when and an even bigger interest in taking things apart as a child. Since leaving high school, I only worked a little as a carpenter and in maintenance briefly. My Main profession since leaving school( if you'd call it that) is as a Street Performer specializing in juggling. A fantastic way to make a living, see the world, and have a lot of spare time.
Moved to Croatia from Australia 6 years ago and apart from the odd job around the house didn't really do much woodwork until I got re interested a couple of years back. Bought my first router and used it to do mortice and tenons on a kitchen bench I made but not long after that, it borke. It was cheap chinese one that cost 30 euros. After that bought a hobby Bosch one that I'm pretty pleased with but have recently bought a larger 2hp non branded 1/2 inch chinese one whilst in Australia. A few months ago a finally got a workshop space and plan to be in it a lot making what ever I feel like from mainly recycled materials.
- Zagreb, Croatia
- I'm a juggler but I don't do much of it in my spare time because it's a job for me these days.
Mainly interested in making things from recycled material because I can't stand to see things go to waste. Do a bit of power carving with an arbortech wood grinder every now and then but finding all that the router is capable of is my main interest at the moment.
- Favorite Router
- Can't say I have a favorite as I haven't tried enough yet but I hope to one day have the Makita
RP2301FC. It looks like a top notch machine to me.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- Not much,but not too little either
- First Name
- Home Page
- This Page