gnarlywood gnarlywood is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Jet 15 in. planer,Jet 10 in. contractor saw,Milwaukee 12 in slide chop saw,Delta 6 in. enclosed base jointer, Delta 17in drill press. and most everything in hand tools and power hand tools, Misc. drivers and drills. Boy, I really like that Makita small impact driver! It really saves on the old back if you're doing a lot of reaching and driving.
- My Shop
- I've got 1/2 of a 30 X 40 pole barn with 10 foot walls for my shop.The other half is garage that I can expand into temporarily if needed. The shop half is really well insulated. From having had a shop once and then having to build another, you really learn a lot about shop design. The shop now, is a lot more streamlined for workflow than before. I've also got a small alcove set up for metalworking, with a small metal lathe.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I am a fifty year old cabinet maker that got retired early by a back injury three years ago. I love making cabinetry of all sorts, but now I am limited to small stuff by my back. ( Not supposed to lift over 30 lbs.) I used to use routers on a daily basis ( I had 11 of them), but my shop burned down 2 years ago and I didn't replace all of them. I've got 3 now, one Milwaukee combo kit, straight and plunge, and two Bosch 1 hp small routers. I am hoping to get going again by designing and making speakers using components from vintage speakers that a buddy of mine and I find at the thrift stores.
- Traverse City Mi.
- I like photography and target shooting. I would like to combine photography and woodworking by making picture and frame combinations and selling them at shows.
- Favorite Router
- I really like the Milwaukee soft body with the hand strap. I've got it in a plunge and straight kit.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name