HDVideo HDVideo is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Ryobi BT3000 10" table saw, Delta benchtop band-saw, Craftsman floor standing drill press, Miller Welding Machine, Sherline CNC Milling Machine, Porter Cable 690 router, (2) Dewalt 611 routers, Sears circular saw, Porter Cable Plate Joiner, Dewalt Power Planer and various corded and cordless drills and impact tools. And the latest addition, a Probotix Asteroid CNC Router.
- My Shop
- I work out of my garage, an oversize 2-car attached that still houses two cars and a motorcycle. It gets a little crowded and things are always being moved around to get anything done.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I"m new to CNC Routers, but have used a Sherline CNC Milling Machine for a few years. I've designed a few CNC Routers which are posted to GrabCad.com, but have not personally built one of my own designs. Two of the designs, I feel, would be quite rigid and make very good machines, but they would be fairly expensive to build.
I've made things with wood for many years, since I was a teenager actually, but would not consider myself a woodworker by any stretch. At age 70, I'm just now starting to "create" things in wood rather than just tack stuff together. I listed zero for woodworking experience because I don't consider myself experienced at all.
I have Vetric Aspire, but up till now, have done most of my CAD work in Fusion 360. Now that I own a router, I might be doing more in Aspire. In the past, I've used Cubify Design, Sketchup and CamBam, but not so much anymore.
My recent purchase of a used Probotix Asteroid has briefly reintroduced me to LinuxCNC, which I originally used to drive the Sherline. A couple of years ago I made the switch to Ethernet motion control using the UC300ETH and UCCNC with the 2017 Screenset and found those products to be very reliable and much easier to use than LinuxCNC. The Probotix Asteroid will be converted to the same setup once it is tuned up and running. I'm currently replacing all linear bearings and installing a new spoil board with T-track.
- Las Cruces, NM
- Motorsports Photography and Video, Computers, Video Editing, CAD, Welding/Fabrication and now woodworking.
- Favorite Router
- I currently have a Probotix Asteroid running a Dewalt 611 so I'd have to say that is my current favorite. It was purchased used and is my first CNC Router. It will probably be replaced at some future date with a more rigid machine, possibly one of my own design. Prior to getting this machine, I used a Porter Cable 690.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name
- United States
|07:43 AM - beltramidave quoted HDVideo in post Probotix CNCs, Square and Plumb |
My apologies, Dave. I sent i...
|06:43 AM - beltramidave quoted HDVideo in post Probotix CNCs, Square and Plumb |
Did you receive the email wi...
|12:18 PM - 4DThinker quoted HDVideo in post Probotix CNCs, Square and Plumb |
If I understand your issue, ...
|12:46 PM - MT Stringer quoted HDVideo in post How can I convert part of a pdf to dfx drawing |
Redrawn with Fusion360. Remo...
|05:35 PM - MT Stringer quoted HDVideo in post Thanks for the add |
How's that clamping system w...