Ken Bee Ken Bee is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Porter-Cable Circular Saw
Ridgid Fuego 6-1/2 inch Circular Saw
Rockwell Versacut Circular Saw
Ridgid 3/8" Corded Drill
Hitachi 1/2" Corded Drill
Bench Top Drill Press
Ridgid Oscillating Spindle/Belt Sander
B&D Jig Saw
Porter Cable Hand Planer
Routers: Ridgid R29302 Plunge Kit, Ridgid 2401 Palm Router, Milwaukee 5616-20, Hitachi M12VC, 1 Porter-Cable 895 Kit, PC 892R reconditioned router, Modified PC 892 in Router Table, DeWalt 611 Compact Router Kit.
DeWalt Orbital Sander
Sears Nextec Sander (Battery)
Sears Nextec Drill/Screwdriver (Battery)
Sears Nextec 3-3/8" Circular Saw (Battery)
Dremel 4000 tool with nearly every attachment and accessory available for the tool.
- My Shop
- I have a small shop set up in what used to be a sun room in my house. I don't do any large woodworking projects so the size doesn't matter. I have a home built 48x24 work bench with a reinforced 3/4 inch MDF Top, bottom shelf and two large built in drawers salvaged from a bedside night stand, a router cabinet I built myself with a Woodpeckers tilt top, Woodpeckers Super Fence and Woodpeckers aluminum insert with a PC 892 router attached. A PC 4216 dovetail jig, Woodhaven 39 inch planer jig, Ridgid shop vac and a Milescraft Pantograph. Enough lumber to build a small house. I now have a Toshiba 17 inch Laptop I keep in my shop since I bought a 17 inch Apple Macbook Pro Laptop a couple months ago.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Worked in the aircraft field for nearly 30 years as a sheet metal mechanic and inspector on everything from Piper Cubs to the Space Shuttle. That includes 5+ years as a helicopter crew chief in the Army. Did mostly short term contract work all over the world as well as 3-1/2 years in Vietnam with Lockheed Aircraft repairing crash and battle damaged aircraft. Attended Indiana University majoring in Police Administration and Forensics, but never pursued that line of work because of my preference with aircraft work and the free travel it afforded me. During my college years I owned a garage and concentrated on drag racing and building race engines for myself and others.
- San Jose, CA
- As I am older than dirt I don't do much of anything other than watch movies in the evening and work in my shop when I feel up to it building mostly boxes and clocks. When not doing either of those I read woodworking books and spend time on my computer shopping and getting woodworking information from various sites.
- Favorite Router
- Ridgid in full size plunge and Fixed Base. DeWalt 611 Compact Router Kit.
Porter-Cable 892 for router table use.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- Beginner. Now with 3 years since I filled out this info sheet but still a beginner in some areas.
- First Name
- United States
- When something is advertised as being foolproof there is always a better class of fool that comes along to prove them wrong.
- Total Posts: 483
- Posts Per Day: 0.15
- Last Post: Cutting end to end dovetails with a Porter Cable Omnijig 03-22-2016 02:05 PM
- Find all posts by Ken Bee
- Find all threads started by Ken Bee
- Last Activity: 05-09-2016 11:32 AM
- Join Date: 12-31-2010
- Referrals: 0
|04:45 PM - fire65 quoted Ken Bee in post Deleted Posts |
|12:57 PM - fire65 quoted Ken Bee in post Deleted Posts |
|11:04 AM - cocobolo1 quoted Ken Bee in post Dovetail Jigs PC 4216 vs Leigh D4R Pro vs PC Omnijig |
As a matter of fact I haven'...
|11:52 AM - 96BelisleAs quoted Ken Bee in post Dovetail Jigs PC 4216 vs Leigh D4R Pro vs PC Omnijig |
In my opinion the smartest t...
|10:53 AM - 96BelisleAs quoted Ken Bee in post Dovetail Jigs PC 4216 vs Leigh D4R Pro vs PC Omnijig |
I may have found the same so...
|11:27 PM - 96BelisleAs quoted Ken Bee in post Dovetail Jigs PC 4216 vs Leigh D4R Pro vs PC Omnijig |
Now then, go to the Porter C...
|11:11 AM - JohnnyB60 quoted Ken Bee in post Just received a JessEmô Rout-R-Lift IIô from Lee Valley |
Good idea. I have a PC 892 t...
|12:50 AM - JohnnyB60 quoted Ken Bee in post Just received a JessEmô Rout-R-Lift IIô from Lee Valley |
I also have that same lift a...
|08:48 AM - schnewj quoted Ken Bee in post Dovetail jig advice |
Interesting, I worked at Mic...
|03:34 PM - wrecks quoted Ken Bee in post Woodpecker Top With Kreg Insert |
d I am not sure but I do bel...
|03:42 PM - hawkeye10 quoted Ken Bee in post Outstanding Use of Router Templates |
That was an interesting vide...
|07:13 PM - tomp913 quoted Ken Bee in post Outstanding Use of Router Templates |
That was an interesting vide...
|04:08 PM - LBussy quoted Ken Bee in post Rout-R-Lift ll |
I m going to build one based...
|02:20 PM - The Hobbyist quoted Ken Bee in post Rout-R-Lift ll |
Thanks a lot. When I went to...
|10:37 PM - RainMan 2.0 quoted Ken Bee in post Rout-R-Lift ll |
I have finally given up on b...
|08:06 PM - The Hobbyist quoted Ken Bee in post Rout-R-Lift ll |
I was just browsing through ...
|04:32 PM - LBussy quoted Ken Bee in post Rout-R-Lift ll |
BTW Mike, That router table ...
|06:45 AM - Duane Bledsoe quoted Ken Bee in post Musclechuck |
I wonder if a Musclechuck wo...
|08:48 AM - harrysin quoted Ken Bee in post Help Mike |
Hey Harry, there is no such ...
|09:53 AM - harrysin quoted Ken Bee in post Help Mike |
I just received the Musclech...