Meneer Meneer is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- - Bench drill circa World War 2 that is running as true and sweet as the day it was made.
- Floor drilling machine converted to woodworking.
- Bench grinder.
- Several cordless drills and drivers. Ryobi 12v drill/driver has enough torque for wood and it's light enough so you can work for hours. Triton's 12v driver is also light and easy to work with, but has enough torque, and comes with an extra battery.
Will add some more as time goes on
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I have been doing woodworking on a very small scale ever since primary school. Seems like forever.
We relocated from Johannesburg to Nelspruit because my wife got a better than average position here, and we could not let this pass. Because of this, I had to resign my job.
I am now semi-retired, but I am using my knowledge of wood to make and sell some wooden tables and chairs.
- Netspruit, Mpumalanga, South Africa
- Woodworking, sound enginering, building websites and DIY in general.
I have made several dining tables with chairs over the years as well as "riempies" benches. This is a bench where the seat and the back portions are not upholsetered, but rather replaced with long strips of dried hide in a criss-cross pattern.
Some of the side tables and coffe tables I made are still in my house today. Some goes back 45 years.
- Favorite Router
- I would like to get a Triton or Festool 1500W someday, but until then I love my two big Bosch 1500W machines. Even though their weight is tiring, the weight also works for it in the sense that it is easier to keep on track and does not spin out as easy as some of the smaller routers or trimmers.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 47 years
- First Name
- South Africa