newmexico newmexico is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- A few good old machines. I think we have a Ridgid router in the router table (cast iron Bench Dog attached to the right side of the table saw). Love my 7.25 Ryobi Miter Saw for all the small stuff. Got rid of all the cheap tools this year. Made room for the better equipment. Will never get rid of the overarm pin router (great tool).
- My Shop
- 24 x 24 metal building with a roll up door facing South. We have Aussies that hang out every day. They love being around the shop.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- 40 years at welding. Tired of grinding metal. Switched to woodworking in 2006. Cut my teeth on some of Norm Abrams' plans. Love the old wood joinery techniques. Now have a few nail guns in the shop (I hate to admit that but they are handy tools). Additionally, I have a strong penchant for safety. I always tell people that the wood shop is a thinking man's game and you need a clear mind with focus when working around spinning equipment. Finally, I've learned that the world is a better place when I can work in my wood shop all day.
- New Mexico
- We are country types. Chickens, wood shop and farm wife keep me busy these days. Love the grand kids. Best Grandpa this side of the Mississippi.
- Favorite Router
- The 15 amp routers are helpful. I use small trim routers too. Most useful tool here in my shop is my pencil sharpener. Currently use both Ridgid and PC routers. Gave the Skill router away.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 40 metalworker , 6 woodworking
- First Name
- United States