oldprinter1468 oldprinter1468 is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Unlike most of you my main piece of equipment is a Shopsmith which I purchased new in '82. I have nearly all the accessories. I have two old Craftsman routers collecting dust, a Bosch 1617 EVS PK and a
DeWalt DWP 611 PK. Some other equipment I have that I think of as significant includes: Kreg Router table, Excalibur EX-21 scroll saw, Ridgid Edge Belt/Spindle Sander, Delta Planer 22-580, Milwaukee Miter Saw & a DowelMax. I'm mostly a hobby woodworker although I do occasional for compensation. I like making different things, not a version of what I made last year.
- My Shop
- I have about 300 sq. ft. in the lower level of a split level house.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I was in printing my entire adult life, from 1964 until the Great Recession. I think of myself as in forced retirement. I'd still be working if there were any jobs in printing and anyone was hiring someone in their mid 70's. But it is what it is.
I served in the US Navy, as a LI2. I am and have been an Election Judge in my county for about 10 years. I do volunteer work one day a week. I'm married and an empty nester. (I should say that I was a member here for quite some time. Then I stopped coming. I tried to sign in again and the system wouldn't let me? So I've created a new persona. I used to be here as oldhudson49.)
- St. Paul, MN
- I play chess at least one day a week with the Old Farts Chess Club. I read quite a bit, like old movies more than new ones. Like mysteries better than adventure stuff. I like auto and motorcycle racing. I like road racing better than ovals.
- Favorite Router
- I can't say I have a favorite.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- I've been a hobby woodworker since the late 70's.
- First Name
- United States
- We all do better, when we all do better.