Peteroo Peteroo is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- My Shop
- My garage/workshop is 22 sq meters. As I go back to woodworking this spring I hope to make it a dustless room with more innovation in dust extraction from my routers and table saw. I also hope to introduce fresh air and negative ion generators to the space. I suspect that a heat exchange ventilation unit will provide air without letting the noise out. An old Aironic 2000 hopefully will provide the waterfall atmosphere with negative air ions.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
As my user name suggests I am from Australia. I am 61 and completed a carpentry and joinery trade course in 1976 or so. I did not practice though and today am a disability pensioner. I have had two major articles on height adjustable items in "The Router" magazine which is no longer produced in England - a childs desk and a work bench(light duty chipboard and mdf). More recently in November I had a feature in the British The Woodworker magazine on a height adjustabel workbench with drawers coming out of each end instead of the face. This bench had, like my previous one, through the table top dust extraction for my Festo plunge saw whilst used on a rail. I have four routers and am planning more as I am just about to build two height adjustable router/workbenches. Of course I will be buying the big Triton router which was proudly designed in Australia, for the router table version. I try to use natural finishes like Livos oils on my furniture creations. I have been a natural health enthusiast for 54 years and looking for the authentic Jesus for 59 years. Dust extraction is vital for me and a year and a half ago I wrote to all the major power tool manufacturers to tell them of my through the table top dust extraction whilst using a plunge saw on a rail. I tried to get them to adapt the principles to the guards of all circular saws and so far only Metabo apparently have taken up with a token effort on their KGS sliding compound saws. I believe that if the router makers use of an articulated arm which holds a dust hose close to the bit then virtually all the dust could be collected whilst machining mdf board. I am regarded as a "Master Inventor" by the Numerologists of this world and at 61 after hearing this five years ago am starting to believe them. Ideas I have had over the last 45 years or so include a portable work bench with a vice, mountain bikes, lazer scooters, woolen underlays and overlays and pillows and house insulation, tilting typists chairs with dual density foam seats, ergonomic racing and touring bicycle handlebars, and small circular trampolines called "rebounders" to name just a few.
At present I am attempting to build my workshop in my attached garage. I hope to go into production with one of my inventive steps despite my age and infermity. I would really love to get together with a manufacturer to build a revolutionery workbench to complement rail sawing and routing. I believe that I have an idea for this device which would revolutoinise woodwork in the suburbs.
Thank you for listening
- 150 klm south of Sydney New South Wales , Australia in a medium sized country town
- Read biography above. As well, i love to do gardening.
- Favorite Router
- I love any accuretly made router especially one which has virtually no play in the turrets as the device is plunged and retracted from the workpiece. So far my Festo OF 900E is the only one which is virtually perfect at this. I would love to test the De Walt dw611pk which is not available in Australia. Strong and constant power and speed controll is also a top priority as are inbuilt lights( another one of my ideas)
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- First Name
|10:02 AM - tulowd quoted Peteroo in post Maintenance to the illuminated router base |
...hank you regards Peteroo(1111) Peter: ther...
|02:39 AM - jj777746 quoted Peteroo in post elecronic controll units for power tools |
...iately? regards Peteroo Peteroo,we see a lot...
|08:10 PM - DesertRatTom quoted Peteroo in post Workshop ventilation |
...ction. Regards Peteroo I'd rather carry ...
|09:33 PM - schnewj quoted Peteroo in post bosch belt sander and planer guide 2607001079 |
...ge and self esteem. Peteroo No, Peter, the ima...
|09:31 PM - schnewj quoted Peteroo in post Deleted Posts |
|10:08 PM - PhilBa quoted Peteroo in post Incra LS Positioner |
...e shroud? regards Peteroo Sounds like you'v...