RickKr RickKr is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Metal Working:
Monarch 10EE lathe with 2-axis DRO
Select 6x26 veritical knee mill with 3-axis DRO
Tormek T8 wet grinder sharpening system
Rikon med. speed 8" grinder)
Rikon 6" buffer
MSC 1x30" belt sander
Grizzly 4x6" horizontal band saw
Sawstop Jobsite table saw
Bosch RA1181 router table w/ shop build
Incra LS Positioner with Wonder Fence
Delta 1955 Floor Model Drill Press
Powermatic 140 (1960) 14" Band Saw
Jet 12" Disc Sander
ACE 4x36" Horizontal Belt Sander
DeWalt D735 13" planer
DeWalt DW788 20" Scroll Saw
DeWalt 12" "Flex-Volt Miter Saw
Incra 1000SE Miter Gauge
Hand Power Tools:
Bosch Impact Driver/Drill set
DeWalt Hammer Drill/Impact Driver Set
DeWalt Oscillating Sander
Skil Mag. Worm Drive Circular Saw
DeWalt cordless "sawsall"
DeWalt 1+6" cordless chain saw
DeWalt 10gal compressor
ShopVac 10 gal. 6 hp shop vacuum
Oneida Dust Deputy cyclone dust collector
- My Shop
- Insulated, 2-car garage (24x24ft) new construction. Ceiling heater and 220 wall outlets added before moving in. Split-type heat pump added before first summer. Located in far NE Oregon, where it gets hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Systems maintain it at 69-70 F year-round (very important for all that cast iron). Rotary phase converter added once the Monarch lathe arrived.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- Professional fish biologist when I was a working stiff, now retired 6 years. My best job ever is "GramPa-ing" with my now 5 yr old granddaughter. Woodworking since childhood, but quite intermittent as an adult with mainly "projects" constructed. I was put to work in my father's high precision, short-run, exotic materials machine shop when I was in high school. A most valuable education and skills. I've been a serious hobby machinist for 18 years and have been getting more into wood working now that I have decent working space.
I've made innumerable things, mostly out of metal over the years. I've made several things for my daughter from metal and wood and more recently, five things for my granddaughter out of wood, an infant "side-car" bed, a booster tower, downsized balance bike, toddler bed, scroll saw toys and most recently a "gear toy". I'll post more about them to burn up some of the obligate ten newbie posts and add photos later.
- NE Oregon
- Metal working, wood working, fly fishing, camping, river running, skiing.
- Favorite Router
- Can't say. I've had a Craftsman since the early 1980s and recently bought a Bosch 1617 EVS fixed and plunge base "set" along with a Bosch RA1181 router table. I'm eyeing the DeWalt 611 trim router. Too early to tell.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- Off & on, very sporadic over 65 years.
- First Name
- United States
- "If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse, that comes a bit cheaper."
|09:55 AM - DesertRatTom mentioned RickKr in post Maintaining Grain Orientation with Box/Dovetail Jigs |
RickKr I couldn't recall ...
|07:41 AM - vchiarelli mentioned RickKr in post Advice on Table Saw Crosscut/Miter Sled |
RickKr - Nick makes some go...
|05:30 PM - Stick486 mentioned RickKr in post New Member from Oregon |
RickKr .. is this the threa...
|12:05 PM - JFPNCM mentioned RickKr in post New Member from Oregon |
RickKr As usual i’m ...
|08:50 AM - Nickp quoted RickKr in post Circle/Radius Cutting Jig |
Thanks. If I were going to...
|09:51 PM - JOAT quoted RickKr in post Bluebird nesting box |
Here is a link to an inform...
|12:57 PM - Biagio quoted RickKr in post Drill press used as turning tool |
[QUOTE=RickKr;2012143]Paul, Be ...
|01:49 PM - Duane Bledsoe quoted RickKr in post Anyone ever cut a slot in schedule 40 PVC pipe? |
WOW! Eight rod holders for...
|01:20 PM - Herb Stoops quoted RickKr in post Maintaining Grain Orientation with Box/Dovetail Jigs |
That does not sound appeali...
|09:09 PM - DesertRatTom quoted RickKr in post Gluing Finger Joints |
Tom, I'd be interested i...
|11:38 AM - Cherryville Chuck quoted RickKr in post Gluing Finger Joints |
They seem too large and cum...
|07:49 AM - sreilly quoted RickKr in post Advice on Table Saw Crosscut/Miter Sled |
I've spent a lot of time in...
|09:53 AM - Cherryville Chuck quoted RickKr in post First Dado - Table Saw Miter Sled |
Chuck, I'm not surprised...
|11:14 AM - Nickp quoted RickKr in post Router Starter Pin |
Starter pin hole is about 2...
|01:23 PM - Nickp quoted RickKr in post Advice on Table Saw Crosscut/Miter Sled |
Rick I am curious abou...
|04:29 PM - Nickp quoted RickKr in post Jointing Curve Board - Which Side To Start With? |
That is exactly what I did....
|10:15 AM - ebill quoted RickKr in post Removing Coil-type Threaded Inserts |
....... I'm going to give u...
|08:07 PM - Stick486 quoted RickKr in post Bosch router table. |
What happens if it does con...
|07:55 PM - Nickp quoted RickKr in post Bosch router table. |
Great info, guys. I have a...
|09:29 PM - Samandothers quoted RickKr in post Veritas Pin Guide Arm |
David Falkner, a moderator ...
|09:25 PM - difalkner quoted RickKr in post Veritas Pin Guide Arm |
Now I would like to repair ...
|12:14 PM - Nickp quoted RickKr in post Turning a Hole into a Slot |
Yes, I am a charter member ...
|08:08 AM - beltramidave quoted RickKr in post Routing Gears for Gear Toy |
Fusion 360 has a script to ...
|08:29 AM - harrysin quoted RickKr in post Making a Matching Radius on a Piece |
Nice jig work. I love jigs...