sreilly sreilly is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- SawStop 3HP PCS
Festool TS 55 REQ Track Saw
Festool Domino DF 500
Laguna 14-12 Bandsaw
Powermatic Model 60 8" jointer
ShopSmith Mark 7 Digital
SuperMax 19-38 Drum Sander
Cutech 40600H-CT Planner w/Spiral Head
Router Table (home built) w/Bosch 1617EVS router motor, Woodpeckers Super Fence, Master Lift II router lift
Kreg Foreman Pocket Hole Machine
1964 Clausing Drill Press
DeWalt Cordless Drills
DeWalt Biscuit Jointer
DeWalt DWS780 Dual Compound Miter Saw
Leigh Super MFT Jig
Bosch Colt Router
2- Bosch 1617EVSPK Router w/plunge
Craftsman Router 315.174921
Craftsman Router 315.17500
Montgomery Ward Power Kraft Router TGB-8532B
Delta Right Angle Cordless Drill
Various Nailers, Pinners, Staplers
California Air 4 Gal. Air Compressor
ClearVue 1800 Dust Collection System in custom built cabinet
Bosch Oscillating Sander
Craftsman Belt Sander/Pad Sander
- My Shop
- The shop is located in my unfinished basement. I built a separating wall to minimize sawdust and debris from the rest of the basement. It measures approximately 24'x32' but also houses the gas furnace and the closet below the stairs. For noise control I located the dust collection system (CV 1800) outside of the shop and built a closet with removable upper panels to access the 5HP motor and impeller section should I need to. The closet is lined with rockwool insulation as are the ceiling joists for noise control. Standing above the unit in the living room you can barely hear the system running. Of course the shop is a work in progress as am I. we'll see where it goes from here.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I'm a retired HVAC serviceman. I installed mostly computer controlled zoning systems in homes and businesses. I started woodworking years ago as a child using simple hand tools and building the typical stuff a kid does, gocarts, boxes, and the like. None would have won any awards. In Jr. High School we had a new complete woodworking shop and that was a primary drive for me at the time. We took rough sawed lumber down to the finished product and created some great projects, each of our choosing. We had two very talented and patient instructors. Those were two very good years. Unfortunately high school had no shop. Some years passed and I eventually bought a table saw and radial arm saw and slowly began getting back into the hobby. It wasn't till I was in my late 30's that I decided to get more fully involved. I bought a used shaper, jointer, and 15" planner. My bandsaw was a Craftsman as was the table and radial arm saws. Amazingly I did some decent work with those. A handheld router and some basic hand tools and I was building bookcases, entertainment centers, and the like. My Farther-in-Law was a self taught woodworker that had done 33 Grandmother clocks and each a work of art. Dad (her's) built furniture for his daughter, my wife, for birthday and Christmas gifts. Years later we still use his gifts and look back with great affection on them. He passed just 3 months shy of 100 back in 2001. Many of his hand tools are in my shop today although I've yet to feel worthy of using most.
My goals are to reach a point that I feel great about what I turn out in the shop. It is a hobby and one that I had to relinquish for about 25 years due to work and two bone on bone knees. After knee replacements 6 years ago I finally find I can tolerate the concrete floor much better and have started rebuilding my new shop, now in another home. The shop is in my basement and offers a fair amount of space. I've installed a CV1800 dust collection system which is still not complete but functional. As of around July of 2018 it is now 90% functional with still two drops to finish and connect to work stations. I've a few more projects such as a miter station and planner station to connect but it is functioning at this point for the table saw, jointer, router table, bandsaw, drum sander, planner, and drill press.
I'm excited to have found this forum and look forward to absorbing all I can and hopefully contributing what I can in return.
- Scottsville, Virginia
- Of course woodworking, Astronomy (imaging), Fishing, Camping (Travel Trailer), Traveling in general.
- Favorite Router
- I actually have 3 Bosch routers at this time. None are more than 2.25 HP so there maybe a 4th sometime soon.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- Accumulated maybe 15.
- First Name
- United States
|08:51 AM - OutoftheWoodwork mentioned sreilly in post The Argument Within.... (Warning: May Be Lengthy) |
sreilly don't get your boxer...
|06:56 AM - Old Bull mentioned sreilly in post Help with bit height limitation bosch 1617 / RA 1181 table |
Yes sreilly, I had already used...
|09:32 AM - Nickp mentioned sreilly in post Saw Blade Cleaning |
sreilly Go to Big Box garde...
|08:39 AM - vkbellis mentioned sreilly in post Hello from Maine! |
sreilly - Forgot to say how ...
|07:37 PM - AshleyJ mentioned sreilly in post Which router bits and saw blades for acrylic sheet? |
sreilly, that's a great sugg...
|09:41 AM - Stick486 mentioned sreilly in post A Bit More Work ... |
sreilly.. Steve... we reall...
|07:12 AM - Nickp mentioned sreilly in post A Bit More Work ... |
...nd pick it up... sreilly Steve...Stick's p...
|05:08 PM - Herb Stoops mentioned sreilly in post A Dust Collection Story |
sreilly WOW, Great job and g...
|09:13 AM - Biagio mentioned sreilly in post How do i remove a jammed collet from the arbor/router shaft |
.../2” collets. sreilly, unless the shaft an...
|09:08 AM - OutoftheWoodwork mentioned sreilly in post The Latest From the She Shed |
sreilly my circular saw is c...
|11:59 AM - JFPNCM mentioned sreilly in post Joke a Day |
sreilly Travel well and saf...
|08:56 AM - bhethcote mentioned sreilly in post Hello from Matthews, NC |
...ooking into them sreilly - mainly interested ...
|08:13 PM - JFPNCM mentioned sreilly in post Cutting board (my first try) |
sreilly Steve, look forward...
|03:09 PM - Nickp mentioned sreilly in post Preferred Dado Blade |
sreilly Steve...don't forge...
|01:13 PM - Herb Stoops mentioned sreilly in post Cutting board (my first try) |
...d, I can vouch what sreilly said, I have the C...
|07:24 PM - JFPNCM mentioned sreilly in post Cheese board |
... going forwards. sreilly Steve, i understand...
|03:39 PM - Biagio mentioned sreilly in post Advice on Hot Glue Guns |
sreilly, The type of cord su...
|09:13 PM - Stick486 mentioned sreilly in post Ash, Who Knew? |
...r on a roll... sreilly... your wood appears...
|09:57 PM - Herb Stoops mentioned sreilly in post Projects for the Shop |
sreilly Very nice. Be sure ...
|12:38 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned sreilly in post Theater conversion project |
sreilly Good feedback, Than...
|04:34 AM - Michael Wisniewski quoted sreilly in post First Router Table (DIY) / Makita M3600 |
... wondering what you do fo...
|08:28 AM - Chris Itin quoted sreilly in post This and that |
I have used internal hard dr...
|08:19 AM - Chris Itin quoted sreilly in post Round Over with Decorative Beading? |
Welcome to the forum Jeff. D...
|08:23 PM - Marco quoted sreilly in post How to use your workbench? |
My mistake when I built my w...
|10:05 AM - ryanjoseph quoted sreilly in post Converting Rockler table to router table? |
I'm in the build my own cust...
|07:46 AM - honesttjohn quoted sreilly in post Not going to believe this...more boxes |
Boy I would enjoy a few days...
|04:05 PM - newbie2wood quoted sreilly in post Fence placement Question |
Just to be clear, can you po...
|06:39 AM - Clumsy64 quoted sreilly in post Greetings from absolute beginner |
Welcome to the forums Juhani...
|07:48 PM - Herb Stoops quoted sreilly in post mobility is now complete! |
I started down this road bac...
|08:54 PM - WoodFrog quoted sreilly in post Bookshelf Speaker Project |
...missing something? sreilly--The speaker 'stands...
|11:42 AM - Nickp quoted sreilly in post Corner Cabinet Questions |
I understand the thought but...
|09:14 AM - Cncest quoted sreilly in post Bear breaking in |
It's unanimous. Walnut being...
|08:09 AM - Nickp quoted sreilly in post Corner Cabinet Questions |
So I stand corrected on that...
|10:19 PM - Cherryville Chuck quoted sreilly in post Corner Cabinet Questions |
So what magic will I need to...
|02:46 PM - tommyncal quoted sreilly in post Need suggestions for router, plate & cabinet doors |
Welcome aboard Tom. You aske...
|11:26 AM - RÖENTGEEP quoted sreilly in post Eagle in Mountains |
And the answer is.........no...
|08:04 AM - difalkner quoted sreilly in post Large Maple cutting board |
Doing sides of beef these da...
|08:51 AM - JOAT quoted sreilly in post It's a good Day for Porter Cable |
The only justification I cou...
|08:36 AM - RainMan 2.0 quoted sreilly in post Bosch 1617 EVSPK |
Rick while I do have the 161...
|08:29 AM - Barry747 quoted sreilly in post Saw Blade Cleaning |
Of course there's also just ...