sreilly sreilly is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- SawStop 3HP PCS
Festool TS 55 REQ Track Saw
Festool Domino DF 500
Laguna 14-12 Bandsaw
Powermatic Model 60 8" jointer
ShopSmith Mark 7 Digital
SuperMax 19-38 Drum Sander
Cutech 40600H-CT Planner w/Spiral Head
Router Table (home built) w/Bosch 1617EVS router motor, Woodpeckers Super Fence, Master Lift II router lift
Kreg Foreman Pocket Hole Machine
1964 Clausing Drill Press
DeWalt Cordless Drills
DeWalt Biscuit Jointer
DeWalt DWS780 Dual Compound Miter Saw
Leigh Super MFT Jig
Bosch Colt Router
2- Bosch 1617EVSPK Router w/plunge
Craftsman Router 315.174921
Craftsman Router 315.17500
Montgomery Ward Power Kraft Router TGB-8532B
Delta Right Angle Cordless Drill
Various Nailers, Pinners, Staplers
California Air 4 Gal. Air Compressor
ClearVue 1800 Dust Collection System in custom built cabinet
Bosch Oscillating Sander
Craftsman Belt Sander/Pad Sander
- My Shop
- The shop is located in my unfinished basement. I built a separating wall to minimize sawdust and debris from the rest of the basement. It measures approximately 24'x32' but also houses the gas furnace and the closet below the stairs. For noise control I located the dust collection system (CV 1800) outside of the shop and built a closet with removable upper panels to access the 5HP motor and impeller section should I need to. The closet is lined with rockwool insulation as are the ceiling joists for noise control. Standing above the unit in the living room you can barely hear the system running. Of course the shop is a work in progress as am I. we'll see where it goes from here.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- I'm a retired HVAC serviceman. I installed mostly computer controlled zoning systems in homes and businesses. I started woodworking years ago as a child using simple hand tools and building the typical stuff a kid does, gocarts, boxes, and the like. None would have won any awards. In Jr. High School we had a new complete woodworking shop and that was a primary drive for me at the time. We took rough sawed lumber down to the finished product and created some great projects, each of our choosing. We had two very talented and patient instructors. Those were two very good years. Unfortunately high school had no shop. Some years passed and I eventually bought a table saw and radial arm saw and slowly began getting back into the hobby. It wasn't till I was in my late 30's that I decided to get more fully involved. I bought a used shaper, jointer, and 15" planner. My bandsaw was a Craftsman as was the table and radial arm saws. Amazingly I did some decent work with those. A handheld router and some basic hand tools and I was building bookcases, entertainment centers, and the like. My Farther-in-Law was a self taught woodworker that had done 33 Grandmother clocks and each a work of art. Dad (her's) built furniture for his daughter, my wife, for birthday and Christmas gifts. Years later we still use his gifts and look back with great affection on them. He passed just 3 months shy of 100 back in 2001. Many of his hand tools are in my shop today although I've yet to feel worthy of using most.
My goals are to reach a point that I feel great about what I turn out in the shop. It is a hobby and one that I had to relinquish for about 25 years due to work and two bone on bone knees. After knee replacements 6 years ago I finally find I can tolerate the concrete floor much better and have started rebuilding my new shop, now in another home. The shop is in my basement and offers a fair amount of space. I've installed a CV1800 dust collection system which is still not complete but functional. As of around July of 2018 it is now 90% functional with still two drops to finish and connect to work stations. I've a few more projects such as a miter station and planner station to connect but it is functioning at this point for the table saw, jointer, router table, bandsaw, drum sander, planner, and drill press.
I'm excited to have found this forum and look forward to absorbing all I can and hopefully contributing what I can in return.
- Scottsville, Virginia
- Of course woodworking, Astronomy (imaging), Fishing, Camping (Travel Trailer), Traveling in general.
- Favorite Router
- I actually have 3 Bosch routers at this time. None are more than 2.25 HP so there maybe a 4th sometime soon.
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- Accumulated maybe 15.
- First Name
- United States
Showing Friends 1 to 1 of 1
- Forum Contributor
- Stick486 is online now
|09:03 AM - OutoftheWoodwork mentioned sreilly in post The Story For Another Day |
sreilly Steve, I'm in Michig...
|06:05 PM - vchiarelli mentioned sreilly in post New Chisels.... |
sreilly - Steve: when I nee...
|10:09 AM - twmv86 mentioned sreilly in post restoring hand planes |
...d mid 30s tomorrow. sreilly i hear you about fre...
|05:49 PM - vchiarelli mentioned sreilly in post restoring hand planes |
sreilly - Hi Steve - there a...
|01:47 PM - TwoSkies57 mentioned sreilly in post Finally Some Baltic Birch Plywood |
sreilly Steve... make sure ...
|10:49 AM - DesertRatTom mentioned sreilly in post New Router is Lonely - Needs Table Saw Big Brother |
sreilly I have looked at th...
|08:23 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned sreilly in post New Router is Lonely - Needs Table Saw Big Brother |
sreilly Steve, you didn't n...
|11:20 AM - Herb Stoops mentioned sreilly in post Essential Tool Chest |
...od job, Jamie, like sreilly said, that used to b...
|12:00 PM - Herb Stoops mentioned sreilly in post More Tissue Boxes |
...4-challenge.html sreilly The inside dimens...
|08:15 PM - TwoSkies57 mentioned sreilly in post Making Small Boxes |
sreilly a few ideas to get ...
|08:15 PM - TwoSkies57 mentioned sreilly in post Making Small Boxes |
sreilly you have more than ...
|03:54 AM - Stick486 mentioned sreilly in post introduction, new member |
sreilly... I see you have fl...
|12:00 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned sreilly in post Online table saw basics class |
sreilly Their seasons of W...
|06:23 PM - JOAT quoted sreilly in post How Did You Spend Your Weekend? |
Planning and building a ramp...
|10:05 PM - jw2170 quoted sreilly in post Access to the Old Shop Notes |
Something I learned today fr...
|03:32 AM - David Dickson quoted sreilly in post Got me scratching my head |
Has got to be electronics in...
|01:34 PM - JOAT quoted sreilly in post Vertical Router Sled |
Looked online and really don...
|09:38 PM - JOAT quoted sreilly in post creating a replacment decal for a 2008 RV |
Nice job Stan. You have way ...
|07:44 PM - radios quoted sreilly in post Why the log in problem? |
Are you using a VPN service?...
|06:37 PM - DesertRatTom quoted sreilly in post Ken gets his spot... |
Tom, A couple of missing ...
|05:21 PM - Stick486 quoted sreilly in post artistic research for for Honest John |
........I'm confused a ...
|09:18 AM - mimac quoted sreilly in post Not woodworking but wood involved |
Brian this was Vancouver? We...
|10:50 PM - Scottart quoted sreilly in post artistic research for for Honest John |
Sorry, did we run you over>:...
|10:19 PM - jw2170 quoted sreilly in post artistic research for for Honest John |
.......and can tell you they...
|04:15 PM - Scottart quoted sreilly in post artistic research for for Honest John |
So we saw our first live gri...
|08:56 AM - JOAT quoted sreilly in post Adjustable tilt hardware for desk top |
Of most all the plans I've e...
|10:58 PM - JOAT quoted sreilly in post Adjustable tilt hardware for desk top |
Not to be disagreeable, but ...
|02:23 PM - JOAT quoted sreilly in post Adjustable tilt hardware for desk top |
That's fine for one person b...
|01:28 PM - sunnybob quoted sreilly in post Finishing is finishing me off |
Is it the heat or humidity t...
|12:17 PM - vchiarelli quoted sreilly in post Paddle/safety style on/off switch rated for PC 7518 |
Not sure I've ever seen a re...
|04:21 PM - vchiarelli quoted sreilly in post Paddle/safety style on/off switch rated for PC 7518 |
i haven't tried it yet. when...
|10:15 AM - vchiarelli quoted sreilly in post Paddle/safety style on/off switch rated for PC 7518 |
Proper 20 amp 120 volt plugs...
|07:53 AM - tulowd quoted sreilly in post Joke a Day |
It's past time for this type...