Terry Q Terry Q is offline
- My Shop
Some detailed information about my workshop.
- Power Tools
- Table saws: Jet Exacta 3hp Cabinet, Jet Proshop Hybrid, Bosch Jobsite saw
Jointer: Grizzly 6" long bed
Planers: Woodmaster 18" planer/molder/sander, Mikita 12" Bench top, Lie-Nielsen No 8
Miter saws: Jet 12" Slider, Ridgid 12", Bosch 12"
Drill Presses: (2) Jet 17"
Band saw: Jet 14"
Mortiser: General International Bench Top
Shapers: (2) small Grizzly
Sanders: Jet Spindle sander, cheap bench top spindle sander, Grizzly 6-48 Belt/Disc, and another small bench top belt/Disc
Scroll Saw: an early Excalibur 21"
Lathes: Jet 1236 and Jet Mini lathe
Panel Saw: Milwaukee
Track saw: Grizzly
- My Shop
- Two workshops, an 8x20 shop in the basement of my home with the "hobby" type tools (scroll saw, lathes) and a larger shop in the basement of my daughters home.
- Woodworker Information
A few details about myself.
- in 1976 I purchased a bicycle store, ran it for 36 years and in 2012 I turned the business over to my daughter. About the same time my daughter and son-in-law purchased a condemned 4500 square foot fraternity house and an 1800 square foot carriage house. I use the basement of the big house for my workshop. Having the space, and having the need for restoration has given me something positive to do in my retirement.
- Central Michigan area, an hour north of lansing.
- My life-long hobby, which most of my vacations center around, is canoeing. To escape the cold my wife and I spend the month of January paddling Everglades National park where, unlike others vacationing in Florida, we rarely see anyone but a few committed fisherman. Summer vacations are centered around the great lakes.
My newest hobby is sewing. I know, I use to think sewing was for sissies too, but I found out that you can get manly sewing machines that sew through just about anything. Don't make cloths, but just about anything else is fair game if I can figure out how to make it.
- Favorite Router
- Favorite Router is the one I have mounted to my table with the Incra Fence and Master Lift II, it happens to be a Porter Cable 7518. I also have two Porter Cable 690's and an 890 on a second router table with a Rockler lift. Porter Cable is compatible with every aftermarket router accessory made. I also have an old Jessem/Jet Exacta router lift with a Bosch 1617 on a table saw extension. The old Bosch has been rebuilt, but still struggles. Of course one needs a trim router, so I have a Ridgid which works well. I have a Royobi 1 3/4 hp router and a Menard's Master Craft router package, which works really well, but it's base is incompatible with everything - I wonder why they do that?
- Woodworking Experience (Years)
- 35 years of frustration, 5 years seriously.
- First Name
- United States
|09:54 AM - TWheels mentioned Terry Q in post Is a Refurbished Bosch MRF23EVS a Good Router to Buy? |
...s a possibility by Terry Q.
|06:07 PM - DesertRatTom mentioned Terry Q in post I'd like comments on this, especially from my friend TOM |
Terry Q I don't object to t...
|07:18 AM - TwoSkies57 quoted Terry Q in post I can't believe the price! |
Veritas makes a plunge base ...
|08:12 AM - harrysin quoted Terry Q in post Large Dado Cuts |
Do you have a hand saw, a sh...
|07:30 PM - Stick486 quoted Terry Q in post Large Dado Cuts |
Iíd just saw almost to the 1...
|09:54 AM - TWheels quoted Terry Q in post Is a Refurbished Bosch MRF23EVS a Good Router to Buy? |
...s a possibility by Terry Q.
|05:06 PM - DaninVan quoted Terry Q in post Don't Touch That Thang |
By raising the teeth they ar...
|06:43 PM - [email protected] quoted Terry Q in post Router Bit Experts Needed! |
...plish something. Terry Q, I think you nailed ...
|02:30 PM - fire65 quoted Terry Q in post And you think you have problems measuring something twice. |
Itís going to be a lot soone...
|06:05 PM - greenacres2 quoted Terry Q in post Router lift or Triton ?????? |
The conclusion Iíve come to ...
|07:58 PM - chessnut2 quoted Terry Q in post CNC used for making moldings |
Iím not talking your run of ...
|04:14 PM - DaninVan quoted Terry Q in post opinions on purchasing a plunge base router. |
The MRP23 is no harder to sw...
|10:01 AM - Gene Howe quoted Terry Q in post Totally Random Chat Thread |
My town is currently on lock...
|10:19 PM - Pastorshobby quoted Terry Q in post Groove Question |
I think taking 1/8 inch off ...
|03:33 PM - 96BelisleAs quoted Terry Q in post Kitchen Cabinets |
Stove in corner? No window? ...
|01:15 PM - Rebelwork Woodworking quoted Terry Q in post Kitchen Cabinets |
If you use a base itís far m...
|03:57 PM - Poplarguy quoted Terry Q in post Need help choosing fence, hoping for input |
Incra shows a work-a-round w...
|10:43 PM - MT Stringer quoted Terry Q in post gauge guide? |
I use and like the Kreg fenc...
|06:42 AM - subtleaccents quoted Terry Q in post 1/16" Round Over Bit |
There are ďsmall pilot round...
|10:47 AM - Woodwarrior quoted Terry Q in post Old people |
[QUOTE=Terry Q;1734833]I think itís...
|01:29 PM - ranman quoted Terry Q in post Incra Fence uses |
I have the Incra LS Position...
|01:52 AM - ranman quoted Terry Q in post Incra Fence uses |
It allows for repeatable, ďp...