This is my workbench that I made using MDF and plywood using plans from a workbench book, modified to suit my ideas at the time. It also reflects some mistakes that have taught me a lot. Since then I moved the vice, added a shallow drawer where the vice was for guide strips used by the Incra Twin-Linear.
The top has three layers of 3/4 MDF glued together with top and side sheating in 1/4 Birch ply. The dog holes were a terrible mistake, spacing was impossible to put in accurately spaced. The black plate is a router mount. Your eyes aren't wrong, I put it in at right angles to what I should have. Just visible in the lower left of the fourth picture is the router power switch with its yellow panic bail.
Legs and frame members are laminated 3/4 ply with veneer to cover the ply edges. These are lag bolted into the table top and stiffened by the carcase. The carcase was supposed to hold drawers that haven't been built. It has proven helpful in providing storage.
When I do it over there are several improvements I have in mind, but for now, flawed as it is, it has been very useful and I'm glad I made it.