|Topic Review (Newest First)|
|03-07-2008 08:30 AM|
Hi Mc |
Is this a newer model Hitachi? Mine is about 4-5 years old and I use the micro-adjuster all the time to set the height of the bit, every time I use my router while it's hanging in the table. It's very precise, I love it, except for the fact that they've designed it to sit right beside where the electrical cord comes out of the body of the machine.
Perhaps you could explain what the problem is? I have my instruction book which might help, I just need some idea of what isn't working for you. Do you have it installed correctly?
|03-05-2008 03:22 PM|
I believe the sequence is: |
1. plunge the router to the approximate depth you want.
2. lock the router in place with the flip lever (left side if facing the side of the router with the levers on it).
3. turn the lever on the micro adjuster (right lever) counter clockwise (this engages the twisty knob thredded shaft thingy).
4. release the locking lever.
5. twist knob on micro adjuster to achieve the desired depth.
I think the manual says something about not making adjustments by turning twisty knob when the lock lever is engaged too.
This is all from memory so please double check what I say against the instructions.
Sorry for the non-technical terms.
I personally hate the micro adjuster on the m12v2 but it is a cheap, powerful router.
|03-05-2008 11:11 AM|
Originally Posted by mcelduff
|03-05-2008 09:52 AM|
Hitachi M12V2 - Fine Adjustment Problem
Has anyone had any problem using the fine adjustment on this router. The Instruction book is not very good. I think there are mistakes in the translation from Japanese. Anyhow I have spent two days trying to get it to work without success. Your help will be greatly appreciated.