I pretty much always use glue as well as the pocket screws but that's just me. For single small to medium cabinets, I think it's way quicker and easier, particularly if you're working by yourself. If I was making a bunch of cabinets, say a complete kitchen, I'd probably go with dadoes - once you have the parts cut out, it's way quicker to get set up and do all the rabbets and dadoes at one time.
I watch videos of people using pocket screws and just holding the two pieces by hand while they drive the screws but that doesn't work for me, the part always move - and in the direction of the screws. What I wind up doing is clamping a stop to the one part, butting the other up to it and driving the screws - this assures that the part is in the correct location and doesn't move. See the photos below for examples where I'm doing this; in the first photo, you can see the block clamped to the cabinet side and being used to locate the stretcher, and the glue squeezing out of the side of the joint. As much as I work like that, you'd think that I'd put a stop on the block to make it easier to line up.
One thing I found, and everyone is different, but I feel more comfortable setting the clutch on my driver relatively low and use a slow speed to drive the screws - this to prevent spinning them in the plywood. I then take a couple of minutes to double check the screws, hand tightening with a screwdriver if necessary - you can see the screwdriver in the last photo, although I've switched over to the Kobalt ratcheting driver sold by Lowes as it fits my hand better - but most of the screws are fine using the driver as you can tell by feel when the screw is tight.
There are probably still occasions where I might still go with rabbets and dadoes, depending on the application, but the assembly gets a little trickier if the cabinet is large - and you're working by yourself. When it was the two of us, most of the cabinets were dadoed and stapled - end faces got a decorative panel (door) applied or were just clamped, but that took time waiting for the glue to dry and used up clamps. And I find that using my cutting grid as an assembly "table" works well as that gives room to get the clamps on the assembly.