Full face mask for eye and lung protection - Page 3 - Router Forums
 44Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 06:09 PM
Registered User
 
twmv86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Country: United States
First Name: Tim
Posts: 801
 
Default

@RainMan 2.0

besides the shop use of box fan/filter check this out. i mean a guy in a lab coat? it has to be true.
we have horrible allergy periods here in oklahoma. i might get a couple of these for the house to use in allergy season



Certified Recliner Operator

Last edited by twmv86; 05-13-2019 at 06:35 PM.
twmv86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:24 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: United States
First Name: Steve
Posts: 112
 
Default

I'm wondering if the powered respirator mask that Tom discussed and a pair of over the glasses ski goggles might be effective. They usually have a closed cell foam that seals pretty good around the face and some ventilation which keeps them from fogging. If you have goggles that are pretty effective but for the fogging, there are some suggestions for controlling fogging on a website found at https://dualsportalchemy.com/tip-kee...ggles-fog-free. If you get a pair of over the goggle classes, they would allow you to use anything from your cheaters to regular glasses. I hope this can help give you some relief.
Herb Stoops likes this.
ScottyDBQ is offline  
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-13-2019, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
RainMan 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Country: Canada
First Name: Rick
Posts: 15,450
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyDBQ View Post
I'm wondering if the powered respirator mask that Tom discussed and a pair of over the glasses ski goggles might be effective. They usually have a closed cell foam that seals pretty good around the face and some ventilation which keeps them from fogging. If you have goggles that are pretty effective but for the fogging, there are some suggestions for controlling fogging on a website found at https://dualsportalchemy.com/tip-kee...ggles-fog-free. If you get a pair of over the goggle classes, they would allow you to use anything from your cheaters to regular glasses. I hope this can help give you some relief.
I’ve never been able to wear googles, as no matter how good they are they always fog up .
I have an unusual body chemistry. In a vehicle I can ice up a window beside me ,where as the other person doesn’t even have fog on his side . I usually spend a lot of time scraping my window so we have visibility.
It’s a strange phenomenon lol

This machines broken

Last edited by RainMan 2.0; 05-13-2019 at 11:03 PM.
RainMan 2.0 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:21 AM
Registered User
 
twmv86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Country: United States
First Name: Tim
Posts: 801
 
Default

body chemistry or just a lot of hot air?

Certified Recliner Operator
twmv86 is offline  
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:18 PM
Registered User
 
DaninVan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
First Name: Dan
Posts: 13,765
 
Default Go BIG or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMan 2.0 View Post
I have a pretty fat head , so fitting is a concern . I am actually disappointed with my new Apple XS phone with facial recognition. My co-worker held a basket ball up to it , and it unlocked
Just sayin', Rick...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Helmet.JPG
Views:	7
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	369501  

kp91 and RainMan 2.0 like this.
DaninVan is offline  
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
RainMan 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Country: Canada
First Name: Rick
Posts: 15,450
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twmv86 View Post
body chemistry or just a lot of hot air?
Itís cold air though apparently. Makes no sense ?
twmv86 likes this.

This machines broken
RainMan 2.0 is online now  
post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:53 AM
Registered User
 
twmv86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Country: United States
First Name: Tim
Posts: 801
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twmv86 View Post
@RainMan 2.0

besides the shop use of box fan/filter check this out. i mean a guy in a lab coat? it has to be true.
we have horrible allergy periods here in oklahoma. i might get a couple of these for the house to use in allergy season


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH5APw_SLUU
i dont know why i didnt see it before but this guy puts the filter in front of the fan, i guess for testing. every other time i have seen this setup its with the filter is strapped to the back of the fan. i didnt want anyone to see lab coat guy and think thats how its used.
also i may get some lower merv filters. theres seems to be a big difference in airflow with the merv 13. im gonna get a cheapo filter and one rated more in the middle and see where the sweet spot is. if its not moving a bunch of air its not going to work well
RainMan 2.0 likes this.

Certified Recliner Operator
twmv86 is offline  
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 11:01 AM
Registered User
 
DaninVan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Canada
First Name: Dan
Posts: 13,765
 
Default

If you put the filter in front, you're allowing particulates to cake up on the fan blades and in the motor housing, as the contaminated air is drawn through.
The filter in front method would be fine if only clean air was being drawn through. Pushing filtered fresh air into a spray booth for instance.
RainMan 2.0 likes this.
DaninVan is offline  
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:11 PM
Registered User
 
twmv86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Country: United States
First Name: Tim
Posts: 801
 
Default

i called filterbuy.com and they said a merv 13 is more for hospitals and commercial systems and will restrict the air flow the way im using it. they suggested that a merv 11 wont effect it at all and still do a great job on a dusty shop. so that would be the better choice on a box fan set up. i got these from amazon cheaper than the ones from filterbuy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
RainMan 2.0 likes this.

Certified Recliner Operator

Last edited by twmv86; 05-15-2019 at 03:21 PM.
twmv86 is offline  
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
RainMan 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Country: Canada
First Name: Rick
Posts: 15,450
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twmv86 View Post
i called filterbuy.com and they said a merv 13 is more for hospitals and commercial systems and will restrict the air flow the way im using it. they suggested that a merv 11 wont effect it at all and still do a great job on a dusty shop. so that would be the better choice on a box fan set up.
I wonder what merv is comparable to a hepa filter ?

This machines broken
RainMan 2.0 is online now  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome