This morning I finished assembling the last of the 16 face frames. Then it was off to the lumber yard to buy some plywood. I will end up using 8 full sheets but I simply don't have room for 8 even after they are broke down, so I bought four.
I got the guy to rip them in half so I came home with 8 2x8 foot sheets of 3/4 inch paint grade birch plywood. I had already cleared the work bench and set up my saw for 11 1/4 inch width. I will be building the upper cabinets first, so it was fairly easy to rip each piece twice. My sweetie was helping so we would rip one piece, shut down the table saw, lift it over and onto the miter saw station, and cut 2 39 inch pieces. The leftover piece will be used for other parts of the cabinet (top, bottom, or shelves).
Then it came time to break down the four remaining 2x8 foot pieces. It was looking like it would rain at any second, so we brought in the remaining pieces and called it a day.
I have my door order ready so tomorrow we will make a run to Brenham to order the doors..about 70 miles one way. And we might also eat lunch at one of the local hot spots while we are there. I could send in the order via email, but that wouldn't be any fun!
Here are a few pics of the frames being assembled. My little jig worked really well. AND...the extra space provided by the table extension worked out great. I had the jig clamped to it which left room to lay the frame on the work table to attach the middle rails and mid stiles. With the pocket hole jig set up, I had it all going on for once and not stumbling over everything that got in the way.