For years, I have had stuff laying on the floor or partially under the back seat in my truck. I had good intentions of building a box, but something always seems to get in the way. Not this week!
Monday was a krummy day so it seemed like a good time to build a simple box that can hold my "stuff".
All total, this project cost about $8.00 (the black bed protectant spray).
I used some left over T-111 siding cut offs and a couple of pieces of 3/4 inch plywood. I guess I just can't bring myself to throw those scraps away. This time, I am glad I didn't.
I took some quick measurements in a cold drizzle and got to work. This turned out to be a one day project (including drying time for the black protectant).
I have several templates for toy boxes, etc so I used one as a guide to lay out the cut lines to provide clearance for the transmission tunnel. HA! I got a purfect fit the first time!
A little glue, some brad nails and some corner blocks to reinforce the joints and it was a done deal.
I hope you can make sense of the pictures. Today was a bright, sunny day and that made it hard to shoot inside a dark gray interior.
But, I now have some rope, a big wrench used to change the ball on my hitch, jumper cables, a tarp, and a pair of moving blankets in the box. It is full but all of that stuff is out of sight. Sorry, no weaponry hidden in there.
Yeah, I know, the 4-way lug wrench wouldn't fit.