Almost finished! All I need is a top, a pair of hinges, some 3/4 inch dowel rods, and four small casters.
Not too shabby for a lazy afternoon's work.
I dug out some of the off-cuts from previous projects and almost had enough to build to whole thing.
Instead of using a solid bottom, I used up some pine boards and secured them at the front, rear and a piece in the middle. Sorta like the supports you would find under the box springs in a bed. That all went together pretty quickly. Glue, brad nails and some pocket screws made for a sturdy (and square) frame.
Then I cut the pieces to fit for the inside parts that hold the dowel rods. I cut and drilled the holes and slots exactly as the plans call for. The three pieces are glued and nailed into the frame. Then I cut the two short pieces so they fit snugly.
As you can see, my sweetie has been doing a dry fit!
She likes it!
She gave me the OK to nail the short support where the scissors are, but leave the other one so it can be moved around as needed. As it turns out, some of our wrapping supplies are bigger than the person that designed their project. But all will be good in the end.
Durn it. I still need a top so I will have to buy a 1/2 sheet of 3/4 inch ply at the big box store. They have bins with various sizes available.