Native American flute prototype
Finally got something that looks okay. This is my third attempt and hopefully have the project work flow steps a little firmer.
The hardest part is cove routing the inside so they are symmetrical. When I tried a fence on my router table but I tilted the stock and gouged a nice chunk out of the wood, ruining the piece. I then made a really bad jig and that failed only because it had too much play in it.
I still glued the pieces up to play with cutting the air and finger holes. Surprisingly, it plays and sounds, at least to my ear, really good. It is in #F4 which is exactly what I was going for. It is not tuned but as the prototype I think it worked. Learned a ton for my next one. I have two blanks ready to go.
If I can finally carve a symmetrical cove I will throw on the lathe and turn round. The cove was so asymmetrical on this one, this was the best I could do. Two coats of wax.
Also playing with designing my cnc carved totem. Dimensions: 3.5"x1.25"x.75"
This is what I have so far. Plan to carve in walnut.