More info on Blogging:
We have talked about introducing Blogging to Routerforums.com, in order to do this we now need input from the membership.
We have the software in place that will allow each participant their own blogging website. From our testing it is easy to set up and use.
Here are our thoughts on what this venture would be:
It is a place to share woodworking experiences, to write about the current projects on the go, product reviews and anything related to woodworking. It is an online journal of your woodworking hobby or maybe a place to talk about your woodworking club's events.
The main purpose for this website is to learn about how to blog and to talk about a topic that we all love, woodworking. We want to build a website that is a portal for all woodworking bloggers.
We as a group would be learning about the blogging community. Things like:
1) What is a blog?
2) How to set up and use a blog?
3) What is the different blogging terminology; like a trackback, comments, and blogroll?
4) How to generate Google adsense dollars from your blog?
5) And, the challenge of blogging on a regular basis on a topic we all love.
To add to this there is a website that just started up in November that pays money to do product review posts in your blog. The rules are the following:
1) Your blog must be accepted by them and you must be blogging regularly.
2) You must identify each review post as a paid to post review.
3) Minimum post size is 200 words.
4) The review can be positive or negative with constructive criticism.
5) It pays $30.00 to $250.00 per post one time fee.
6) Upon acceptance from you it must be completed within 48 hours.
7) You have the option to accept or reject any product review request.
It is a chance to review products that you like and use regularly and get paid to do it. If your blog is strong maybe even free tools to post a review.
My first question and reason for this post is a simple one: Is anyone interested in learning about blogging? To start out it's free to join and we are looking for 10 people interested in setting up their own blog. If your interested post a response in this thread and I will PM you with some of the details for the next step.
Rick and Bob
The Router Guys
On January 17th, 2020 Dad passed Away at the age of 87 and I will miss him very much. If anyone is interested there is a memories website https://memories.routerworkshop.com/
Last edited by BobandRick; 12-18-2006 at 10:36 AM.