Dual purpose router table design critique - Router Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
First Name: John
Posts: 14
 
Default Dual purpose router table design critique

Please take a look at router table design and let me know what you think. It is a dual horizontal/vertical design. Still working on some of the fine details, and still haven't decided on a fence design.


Last edited by johnand; 07-23-2009 at 02:38 PM.
johnand is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: United States
First Name: John
Posts: 3,046
 
Talking

Hi John, Welcome to the forums. Sorry your pic didn't post. Probably because I think you need 10 posts on this forum before you can upload pics and links. Kind of a PIA for decent people but tends to keep the weirdo's at bay. Those that like to sally into a forum and post porn or start spamming us. After 10 or so posts the moderators can figure out where somebody is comming from.
I like your concept. I have looked at the horizontal table at MLCS and it looks interesting but it is horizontal only. R.B. Hawk had one that could be switched horizontal/vertical but they went out of business and have been bought out by another company that says they will be back in production. No one knows when though.
I like the convertible idea. I have a small shop, in a basement, with a low ceiling. Running stuff vertically on my benchtop table means I set the table on the floor and work on my knees. My 60+ year old knees object strenuously to such activity.

Oooops, second time I came in the picture posted,,, musta been my computer . I'm not real sure but it looks like you physically move the router between the horizontal and vertical orientations?

John Schaben

The problem with experience is I usually get it immediately after I need it.

Last edited by jschaben; 07-22-2009 at 11:06 AM.
jschaben is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Hi John

Here's just one more design

http://www.routerforums.com/project-...th-worlds.html

======
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnand View Post
Please take a look at router table design and let me know what you think. It is a dual horizontal/vertical design. Still working on some of the fine details, and still haven't decided on a fence design.




"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097


bobj3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
First Name: John
Posts: 14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj3 View Post
Hi John

Here's just one more design


======
Bob,

I have seen that MANY times It was your table that made me decide to do a dual purpose router table. I have a 2 car garage that I "convert" to a shop when needed, so I have no room for 2 tables.

The extrusion for the horizontal part of the table, I have at my disposal (It is Bosch ASFS pieces), so the cost should be very reasonable.
johnand is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
First Name: John
Posts: 14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschaben View Post
Hi John, Welcome to the forums. Sorry your pic didn't post. Probably because I think you need 10 posts on this forum before you can upload pics and links. Kind of a PIA for decent people but tends to keep the weirdo's at bay. Those that like to sally into a forum and post porn or start spamming us. After 10 or so posts the moderators can figure out where somebody is comming from.
I like your concept. I have looked at the horizontal table at MLCS and it looks interesting but it is horizontal only. R.B. Hawk had one that could be switched horizontal/vertical but they went out of business and have been bought out by another company that says they will be back in production. No one knows when though.
I like the convertible idea. I have a small shop, in a basement, with a low ceiling. Running stuff vertically on my benchtop table means I set the table on the floor and work on my knees. My 60+ year old knees object strenuously to such activity.

Oooops, second time I came in the picture posted,,, musta been my computer . I'm not real sure but it looks like you physically move the router between the horizontal and vertical orientations?
John,

The picture is working for me, can you not see it?
johnand is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Forum Contributor
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
First Name: Bj
Posts: 23,786
       
Default

Hi John

The picture is on your machine that's why you can see it, you will need to upload it to the forum (web) to share it..

======




"It's fine to disagree with other members as long as you respect their opinions"

Marc Sommerfeld Tools ,Videos
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT-n...RWaEpMA/videos

Find all threads started by bobj3
http://www.routerforums.com/search.php?searchid=944097


bobj3 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 12:38 PM
Forum Contributor
 
xplorx4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: United States
First Name: Jerry
Posts: 10,671
 
Default

Greetings John and welcome to the router forum. Good to have you here. When you can post would like to see your shop.

Wisdom: Where experience and knowledge combine and become one.

"We are all one decision away from Stupid!!"

Lamentations 3:22-23

"How often we sacrifice the permanent plans of God on the altar of immediate solutions"

I have a very good memory, just short is all.
xplorx4 is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
First Name: John
Posts: 14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobj3 View Post
Hi John

The picture is on your machine that's why you can see it, you will need to upload it to the forum (web) to share it..

======
It is on the web, I think it is just because I am below 10 posts. It is posted in my Google Picassa online web album.
johnand is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
First Name: John
Posts: 14
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xplorx4 View Post
Greetings John and welcome to the router forum. Good to have you here. When you can post would like to see your shop.
Don't really have a shop. Just a 2 car garage, that I convert to a shop when needed.
johnand is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-23-2009, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
First Name: John
Posts: 14
 
Default

Can everyone see the image now?
johnand is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem mounting Dewalt Router to Caftsman Table Saw apollo2000 General Routing 15 01-26-2015 03:30 AM
Mixing Bosch 1617 Router fixed base with Craftsman professional router sf_basilix Starting Off 17 10-11-2012 06:20 PM
Looking for input on home built router table italian biker Table-mounted Routing 10 07-24-2009 10:49 AM
Design of Oak Park Router Table susserj Table-mounted Routing 6 07-06-2007 05:58 PM
New poster: Help! Husband wants router for Christmas! Emmie General Routing 21 12-17-2005 09:54 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome