Veritas Router Table
sorry for my english, but i'm french and so not a native english speaker.
I've read (and lern) a lot from your marvelous forum, so i'm please, to be able to help someone now.
I've bought the Veritas steel router table top and the fence/sled 1 year ago. I haven't bought the stand and I have made a copy by myself (very easy). Or you can install the steel plate on a cheap folding bench if you miss space.
I'm very pleased with this router table. I've also bought 1 pair of position stops (item 05J21.07) which are very useful to be able to make multiple passes with big router bits or to be able to restore accurately the fence position after removing it. You can also bought Extra T-Slot Nuts (05J21.15) and/or T-Bolts (12K79.70) to make your own fence stops, high sub-fence, etc...
- Once, the router is correctly installed the first time, you can install or remove the router in less than 15 seconds. So it's very easy to switch between router table mode/portable mode.
- The table top will remain flat whatever the weight of your router
- Dead accurate with the micro-adjust system.
- The cam lockings inserts are very easy to change.
- It's steel, so you can use magswitch feather-boards or magnets.
- I have received a DVD that explain a lot of stuff and different ways to do things right.
- Perhaps, a little bit small, but when the table top is too small, I use the router in portable mode.
I'm quite sure that you will enjoy this router table set!