Shop Made Router Table - Router Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
First Name: Andre
Posts: 13
 
Default Shop Made Router Table

Just wanted to share my router table project.

Here is a link to some pictures and notes
Contemporary Furniture Plans Blog Archive Project – Router Table with Hinged Top

I also posted the plans here
Contemporary Furniture Plans Blog Archive Router Table with Hinged Top
Attached Images
 
supra8311 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 12:10 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
First Name: Daryl
Posts: 219
 
Default

Very nice. Heavy duty too. Do you have a fence to go with it?
Looks very well made and should be able to handle anything.
sofasurfer is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 02:54 AM
Retired Moderator
 
BigJimAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
First Name: Jim
Posts: 3,503
     
Default

Nice job, Andre...

Check out that new high-tech cordless router.. wireless and no recharging required!!
BigJimAK is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 08:14 AM
Registered User
 
allthunbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
First Name: Ron
Posts: 2,881
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra8311 View Post
Just wanted to share my router table project.

Here is a link to some pictures and notes
Contemporary Furniture Plans Blog Archive Project Router Table with Hinged Top

I also posted the plans here
Contemporary Furniture Plans Blog Archive Router Table with Hinged Top
hi Andre:

Interesting design. This is a good basic utility router table. You've solved some problems by attaching the router directly to the table top. But, how do you change bits? How do you handle oversized bits (i.e. 3" panel bits, etc.)? I don't see a hole for a safety pin when using bearings.

I have to assume that you are using a clamped fence. I like the size, it is not difficult to attach feather boards and tall fences.

All that said, it meets your requirements and that's all that is important. Thanks for posting it. It gives everyone else more ideas for their next table.

Allthunbs
allthunbs is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Registered User
 
dutchman 46's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
First Name: Howard
Posts: 2,825
 
Default

Very nice, Andre! Looks like a fine table that will serve You well. Thanks for sharing!

John 3:16

Please fill out your profile, It helps us to know you better
dutchman 46 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 09:45 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
First Name: George
Posts: 2
 
Default

Nice utilitarian table.
I've got two tables myself. One is an actual cabinet I built about 10 years ago with the idea to mount my PC 7538 in. Never got around to doing that though. Found I liked it to much as a work table. The top is two 3/4" sheets glued up together with a laminate bothe sides. Nice large top too. My other "router table" is just a basic top about 2' x 2.5' and I just mounted my 690 onto a home made acrylic insert. The top just gets clamped to a fish tank stand I have laying around. Sounds crude, and it is but it works just as well as any other I've used. The home made mount has most of the features of the Woodpecker Plunge lift and cost me a whole lot less.
Graphicgr8s is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
First Name: Andre
Posts: 13
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphicgr8s View Post
Nice utilitarian table.
I've got two tables myself. One is an actual cabinet I built about 10 years ago with the idea to mount my PC 7538 in. Never got around to doing that though. Found I liked it to much as a work table. The top is two 3/4" sheets glued up together with a laminate bothe sides. Nice large top too. My other "router table" is just a basic top about 2' x 2.5' and I just mounted my 690 onto a home made acrylic insert. The top just gets clamped to a fish tank stand I have laying around. Sounds crude, and it is but it works just as well as any other I've used. The home made mount has most of the features of the Woodpecker Plunge lift and cost me a whole lot less.
Do you have a picture of your table?
supra8311 is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-10-2010, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
First Name: Andre
Posts: 13
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthunbs View Post
hi Andre:

Interesting design. This is a good basic utility router table. You've solved some problems by attaching the router directly to the table top. But, how do you change bits? How do you handle oversized bits (i.e. 3" panel bits, etc.)? I don't see a hole for a safety pin when using bearings.

I have to assume that you are using a clamped fence. I like the size, it is not difficult to attach feather boards and tall fences.

All that said, it meets your requirements and that's all that is important. Thanks for posting it. It gives everyone else more ideas for their next table.
Allthunbs,

I just take the router motor out of the base to change the bits. It really easy with the Bosch 1617. Regarding oversized bits, I don't have any.

I hope to build a tall clamped-on fence soon.
supra8311 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
First Name: Brad
Posts: 1,036
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra8311 View Post
Just wanted to share my router table project.

Here is a link to some pictures and notes
Contemporary Furniture Plans Blog Archive Project Router Table with Hinged Top

I also posted the plans here
Contemporary Furniture Plans Blog Archive Router Table with Hinged Top
Looks very sturdy. Should serve you well for years to come. I can not wait to build my own.

Thanks for taking time to share your ideas with us.


Just remember what my father always said, " Half the people in this world are below average!", and everything in life will make a hellova lot more sense.
timbertailor is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
First Name: George
Posts: 2
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra8311 View Post
Do you have a picture of your table?
No I sure don't. It's not something I generally think about shooting. It's really a simple cabinet I cobbled together. Heck it's not even finished. Bottom drawer has no front.
Graphicgr8s is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problem mounting Dewalt Router to Caftsman Table Saw apollo2000 General Routing 15 01-26-2015 03:30 AM
Rigid Model R2900 Router Combo and Ryobi Model A25RT02 Router table bigdave720 Table-mounted Routing 12 04-05-2012 08:27 PM
Shop made router lift Noob Table-mounted Routing 7 01-19-2010 02:02 AM
Craftsman 2hp professional router table combo... Duane867 Table-mounted Routing 2 01-04-2010 12:12 AM
Freud Router stjimm General Routing 1 01-03-2009 12:04 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome