Bosch 1615evs Convert to above table adj?
I picked up a Bosch 1615 evs plunge router, and was thinking of using it in the table. I would really like to make it adjustable from above the table.
Has anyone done this?
I think, if I do these things it would work good:
1. Remove height adj. knob, and threaded stud, that is threaded into the base.
2. Put a 5/16 clip nut, on the boss on the router motor, that the adj. rod went thru. With the router, base up, the nut would be under the boss.
3. Put a 5/16" bolt down the hole in the base, (where the orig. threaded stud was screwed in) and thread it into the clip nut.
4. Tightening the bolt would raise the router. Loosen the bolt, and gravity would let the router lower.
5. Drill a hole in the table, router plate, large enough for the head of the bolt, and a socket, for adjustment.
Any thoughts on this?
My Freud 1700 router spoiled me with above table adjustments. I can live with removing the router and plate for bit changes. Quick, fine adjustments, after making a test cut, is what I'm after.