RainMans router table build thread - Page 19 - Router Forums
 152Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #181 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 09:58 PM
Registered User
 
twmv86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Country: United States
First Name: Tim
Posts: 801
 
Default

@RainMan 2.0
So did you make a fence or use an incra? I think i remember seeing in other thread you had an incra lift. I’m starting to lean towards an incra lift on the woodpecker top i got Christmas and use their superfence. I can make aux fences for the router table and miter gauge with the phenolic.

Did you ever get the rickameter calibrated?

Certified Recliner Operator
twmv86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
RainMan 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Country: Canada
First Name: Rick
Posts: 15,626
 
Default

I’ve got it all , Incra V2 lift , Incra fences , table etc . I’m just waiting to insulate the garage and then I was going to build a base .
I should mention I don’t like to rush things . I’ve been renovating my bathroom for close too 11 years
vchiarelli, jj777746 and twmv86 like this.

I donít always insulate , but when I do .
Ok ,I never insulate
RainMan 2.0 is offline  
post #183 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 12:51 AM
Registered User
 
twmv86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Country: United States
First Name: Tim
Posts: 801
 
Default

i just watched a video on making dovetails on a LS. several sliding tapes you line up. i'd never be set up right. cut the blue numbers then the red. im colorblind. too many ways for me to mess that up. im gonna limp along on my old table til august then get a superfence and micro positioner. thats more my speed. and if i can swing it an incra mast r lift 2. heres my old jalopy of a fence. Didnt know what a t track was when i got it 25+ years ago.
why would you jump out of a perfectly good airplane btw?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MICRO.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	367709  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SF.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	367711  

Click image for larger version

Name:	face.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	367713  

Click image for larger version

Name:	end.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	367715  

kp91 and RainMan 2.0 like this.

Certified Recliner Operator

Last edited by twmv86; 03-31-2019 at 12:53 AM.
twmv86 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #184 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 02:06 PM
Registered User
 
ger21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Country: United States
First Name: Gerry
Posts: 338
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Stoops View Post
Say ,Rick, I forgot to ask you what thickness of Plastic laminate did you get? There are 2 grades,i.e. thicknesses, countertop which is the thick stuff and the door and side panel p-lam which is thinner?

Herb

In case anyone is interested. I work in a commercial cabinet shop, and order about $75,000 in laminate a year. So I know a little about laminate.



Things are a bit different than they were in 2015.
There used to be 3 common grades of laminate, and there still are from some manufacturers. (There are actually a lot of other specialty grades)


Vertical Grade, which is about 0.028" thick.
Post Forming Grade, which is about 0.038" thick. (Used to be mainly used for countertops with bullnose edges and integral backsplashes, where it's bent using high heat.)

And Horizontal Grade (or Countertop Grade), which is about .05-.06" thick.


These days, most manufacturers are no longer making the thicker Horizontal grade. Stock thicknesses are now Vertical Grade, or Postforming Grade.
Postforming grade is what you would use for a router table.
kp91, RainMan 2.0 and Herb Stoops like this.

Ger

www.cncwoodworker.com
ger21 is offline  
post #185 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
RainMan 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Country: Canada
First Name: Rick
Posts: 15,626
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
In case anyone is interested. I work in a commercial cabinet shop, and order about $75,000 in laminate a year. So I know a little about laminate.



Things are a bit different than they were in 2015.
There used to be 3 common grades of laminate, and there still are from some manufacturers. (There are actually a lot of other specialty grades)


Vertical Grade, which is about 0.028" thick.
Post Forming Grade, which is about 0.038" thick. (Used to be mainly used for countertops with bullnose edges and integral backsplashes, where it's bent using high heat.)

And Horizontal Grade (or Countertop Grade), which is about .05-.06" thick.


These days, most manufacturers are no longer making the thicker Horizontal grade. Stock thicknesses are now Vertical Grade, or Postforming Grade.
Postforming grade is what you would use for a router table.
That’s good to know Gerry .I had no idea ,and I’ll definitely pay attention next time I buy some ,as I suspect I bought the thin gauge laminate last go around

I donít always insulate , but when I do .
Ok ,I never insulate
RainMan 2.0 is offline  
post #186 of 189 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 04:47 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Herb Stoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Country: United States
First Name: Herb
Posts: 7,340
 
Default

Do they have any with an insulation glued on to the back?
Just wondering,
Herb
RainMan 2.0 and twmv86 like this.
Herb Stoops is offline  
post #187 of 189 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 07:53 PM
Registered User
 
twmv86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Country: United States
First Name: Tim
Posts: 801
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMan 2.0 View Post
Iíve got it all , Incra V2 lift , Incra fences , table etc . Iím just waiting to insulate the garage and then I was going to build a base .
I should mention I donít like to rush things . Iíve been renovating my bathroom for close too 11 years

did you get the wonder fence with the dust collection on the end of the fence? was wondering how well that works. i know its better from below with their clean sweep rings. am getting a small wad of cash in august so til then i can vacillate between the stand alone wonder fence (no jig) and the wood pecker super fence. the split fence jointing on the wonder fence looks fantastic with the 2 wedges.
is this really your garage?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RICKS GARAGE.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	367819  


Certified Recliner Operator
twmv86 is offline  
post #188 of 189 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
RainMan 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Country: Canada
First Name: Rick
Posts: 15,626
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twmv86 View Post
did you get the wonder fence with the dust collection on the end of the fence? was wondering how well that works. i know its better from below with their clean sweep rings. am getting a small wad of cash in august so til then i can vacillate between the stand alone wonder fence (no jig) and the wood pecker super fence. the split fence jointing on the wonder fence looks fantastic with the 2 wedges.
is this really your garage?
I think I bought the other fence and was going to add that one . It was about three years ago when I bought all this stuff and itís still in the boxes as I never assembled it .
If I could do it all over again Iíd scratch build everything,well except for a lift

I donít always insulate , but when I do .
Ok ,I never insulate
RainMan 2.0 is offline  
post #189 of 189 (permalink) Old 04-01-2019, 10:39 PM
Registered User
 
twmv86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Country: United States
First Name: Tim
Posts: 801
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMan 2.0 View Post
I think I bought the other fence and was going to add that one . It was about three years ago when I bought all this stuff and itís still in the boxes as I never assembled it .
If I could do it all over again Iíd scratch build everything,well except for a lift
i got a wp top & plate for the 1617. getting the lift that will take the bosch and the 7518 is the goal but i need to much other stuff and the lift costs the most of things im thinking of getting. it'll have to wait til next year. ive always wanted to try making a horizontal router. i can use the wp plate for that when i get a lift.

Certified Recliner Operator
twmv86 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 4 (0 members and 4 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Router Table for Incra LS Positoner completed! Michael H Table-mounted Routing 35 03-19-2015 12:40 PM
Yet another router table build ... JohnBFisher Table-mounted Routing 23 11-13-2014 11:33 AM
First Router Table Build hankh Table-mounted Routing 9 10-18-2014 10:41 AM
Router table build is underway - w/pics 30coupe Table-mounted Routing 83 03-17-2014 07:28 PM
So you want to buy a router table... BobandRick Table-mounted Routing 39 08-30-2010 05:23 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome