Wixey Digital Readout for JessEM and Incra Mast-R-Lifts - Router Forums
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Herb Stoops
  • 1 Post By PhilBa
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Country: Canada
First Name: Larry
Posts: 75
 
Default Wixey Digital Readout for JessEM and Incra Mast-R-Lifts

Does anyone have one of these Wixey above table Digital Readout for JessEm™ Mast-R-Lift Excel II™ set up with their Router Lift and Table? - JessEmâ„¢ Mast-R-Lift Excel IIâ„¢ - Lee Valley Tools
I contacted JessEm today and they got back to me, about using the same Wixey Digital Readout with their JessEm aluminum above table extender on my Incra Mast-R-Lift II and my new Incra 25" Range LS Super System with 27" x 43" Router Table and Stand, combo #3.

Larry
Attached Images
 

Last edited by Stargate; 07-08-2015 at 07:31 PM. Reason: adding photo
Stargate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 07:47 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Herb Stoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Country: United States
First Name: Herb
Posts: 7,399
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate View Post
Does anyone have one of these Wixey above table Digital Readout for JessEm™ Mast-R-Lift Excel II™ set up with their Router Lift and Table? - JessEmâ„¢ Mast-R-Lift Excel IIâ„¢ - Lee Valley Tools
I contacted JessEm today and they got back to me, about using the same Wixey Digital Readout with their JessEm aluminum above table extender on my Incra Mast-R-Lift II and my new Incra 25" Range LS Super System with 27" x 43" Router Table and Stand, combo #3.

Larry
Larry, yours doesn't have the dial on the table that shows the height differences. I have the same set up except it has a dial. they must have eliminated that as a cost savings and now use the wixey instead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0051 (800x600).jpg
Views:	319
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	129545  

peterjmartin likes this.
Herb Stoops is online now  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Country: Canada
First Name: Larry
Posts: 75
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Stoops View Post
Larry, yours doesn't have the dial on the table that shows the height differences. I have the same set up except it has a dial. they must have eliminated that as a cost savings and now use the wixey instead.
Herb,
Mine has the measurement dial > see photo.
I just want to get this above table Wixey -JessEm Digital Readout
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	INCRA  Mast-R-Lift II_1.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	140.6 KB
ID:	129609  


Last edited by Stargate; 07-08-2015 at 08:17 PM. Reason: phot didn't post first time
Stargate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 09:34 PM
Forum Contributor
 
Herb Stoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Country: United States
First Name: Herb
Posts: 7,399
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stargate View Post
Herb,
Mine has the measurement dial > see photo.
I just want to get this above table Wixey -JessEm Digital Readout
Thats cool.

Herb
Herb Stoops is online now  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Country: Canada
First Name: Larry
Posts: 75
 
Default

Instructions for the Wixey above table Digital Readout for JessEm™ Mast-R-Lift Excel II™
Attached Files
File Type: doc 02230 - Digital Readout.doc (5.94 MB, 159 views)
Stargate is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 12:45 AM
Registered User
 
PhilBa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Country: United States
First Name: phil
Posts: 1,046
 
Default

I have the wixey installed on my Mast-R-Lift II. It works great. The installation instructions are fairly clear. The biggest difficulty is getting the mount to be exactly perpendicular to the base plate of the lift. Once properly installed, it has kept it's accuracy pretty well, I check it about once a month and it is always very close in agreement with the wixey mini digital height gauge (2 to 3 mils).

By the way, the JessEm dial is not that accurate. It's not clear why but if it you take a measurement and then raise the lift by, say, 4 turns which should be 1/4", the wixey gauge and the mini digital gauge will agree but it's not 1/4". I tested this a while ago and don't remember the amount it was off by but it was significant. Could be backlash.
Herb Stoops likes this.
PhilBa is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Country: Canada
First Name: Larry
Posts: 75
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBa View Post
I have the wixey installed on my Mast-R-Lift II. It works great. The installation instructions are fairly clear. The biggest difficulty is getting the mount to be exactly perpendicular to the base plate of the lift. Once properly installed, it has kept it's accuracy pretty well, I check it about once a month and it is always very close in agreement with the wixey mini digital height gauge (2 to 3 mils).

By the way, the JessEm dial is not that accurate. It's not clear why but if it you take a measurement and then raise the lift by, say, 4 turns which should be 1/4", the wixey gauge and the mini digital gauge will agree but it's not 1/4". I tested this a while ago and don't remember the amount it was off by but it was significant. Could be backlash.
Phil, did you adjust the back lash pin?
Stargate is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-09-2015, 09:51 AM
Registered User
 
PhilBa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Country: United States
First Name: phil
Posts: 1,046
 
Default

no didn't bother as the wixey is a better way to determine depth of cut.
PhilBa is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: United States
First Name: BILL
Posts: 37
 
Default

Resurrecting a old thread. I'm having issues with the read out cable for the Wixey binding on the side of the Clean Sweep box. I got it all mounted and noticed when I raised and lowered the router the Wixey read out bar moved from perpendicular. I've tightened the read out bar to the L shaped bracket about as much as it will go without stripping out the bolt. It is really easy to move that bar because there's only the 1 bolt on the L shaped bracket and read out bar. It shouldn't move but because of the binding of the read out cable along the wall of the Clean Sweep box it forces it out of perpendicular.


Also noticed that I can move the lift lever left to right by quite a bit and the lift does not respond. That must be the backlash adjustment but I'm not certain how to adjust that. Anyone else have these issues?
Putttn is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Router Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Good Is The Wixey WR700 Really... Jerry Bowen Tools and Woodworking 13 06-12-2015 10:13 PM
Has Anybody Tried To Marry A Wixey To An Incra Jerry Bowen Tools and Woodworking 17 11-22-2014 08:44 PM
Router Lifts: Incra SWHD vs. Incra PRL-V2 Gato9 Tool Reviews 3 09-23-2011 06:14 PM
Router Lifts: Incra SWHD vs. Incra PRL-V2 Gato9 Table-mounted Routing 0 09-23-2011 09:17 AM
Router Lifts: Incra SWHD vs. Incra PRL-V2 Gato9 General Routing 0 09-23-2011 09:14 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome