Router Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading Bub's post on brass guides generated a few questions.

I recently ordered the "build your own table set" from OPEL, as most of you know the base plate is 1 1/2 inch in diameter. After a brief search I noticed a limited supply of brass guides that fit a 1 1/2 inch hole, most were 1 3/16 and
1 3/4 inch.

I have to assume that we can't use 1 3/16 due to the wiggle that will remain between the plate and the guide.

Am I limited to having to buy brass guides from OPEL or is 1 1/2 a common guide opening and I just haven't found another source yet??

thanks,

Peter

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Yes Pete you are correct. I went to put my 1 3/16 guide bushings into the opening and found that they don't work. Oak park sells the bushings I believe that fit in the 1 1/2 opening.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The 1-3/16" pc guides are the most common guides and are available almost everwhere. You might want to consider making or buying another plate. The places I have seen the 1-1/2" guides are Oak Park & Lee Valley.
Regards
Jerry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.