Router Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a router for my table - my Freud crashed, and I want a 'simple' machine to replace it. No variable speed (I will get an external speed control), no soft start (external speed controls don't work with them). And both 1/2" and 1/4" collets.

I'm not hung up on 3 1/4 hp, but I do have a large panel raising bit, and a rail/style set, so the higher hp might be worthwhile occasionally.

The only one I've found on the web so far is the Makita RP 1800. I have not found any reviews - possibly a good sign as owners are not evidently disgusted with them and posting bad reviews.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I'm looking for a router for my table - my Freud crashed, and I want a 'simple' machine to replace it. No variable speed (I will get an external speed control), no soft start (external speed controls don't work with them). And both 1/2" and 1/4" collets.

I'm not hung up on 3 1/4 hp, but I do have a large panel raising bit, and a rail/style set, so the higher hp might be worthwhile occasionally.

The only one I've found on the web so far is the Makita RP 1800. I have not found any reviews - possibly a good sign as owners are not evidently disgusted with them and posting bad reviews.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Hi Milt - This one comes to mind. I really haven't looked for any reviews for this specific model. A friend of mine has a similar Hitachi in his table that he is happy with and most reviews I have seen on the big Hitachi are generally favorable.

Hitachi M12SA2 3-1/4 Peak HP Plunge Single Speed Router | ToolBarn.com :)

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Just pickup the speed control box and rewire the router to bypass the on board speed device ,it's a easy job,I have one on my 3 1/4 PC router and it works great it's true it's not soft start but almost and you want a VS control on your router if you are going to use the big panel cutter,it's a must have item..

For just 20.oo bucks and you have your Freud up and running..

==
==

1 - 4 of 4 Posts