Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of months ago I cut one of these out of Beech and Red Heart but the Hebrew wasn't exactly right. So I reached out to a few people and now have the Hebrew correct (I think!). Well, I finally had the opportunity to get the CAD/CAM work done and cut four of these in Pine and they came out good. They're not as clean as the Beech but that was to be expected. It's a different look than the Beech but still appealing.

These are 10" wide by 11" tall, finished in semi-gloss Nitrocellulose lacquer -
Text Font Music Label

Text Font Label

Text Wood Font Music

David

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha! I took a short video of the engraving and sent it to a friend in our band at church, told her my CNC speaks Hebrew but I get some credit because I taught it what to write. :wink:

David

·
Registered
229 Posts
I was taught Hebrew as a young person, and after some 60 years I can still read it without the vowels. As a Hand Engraver, I enjoy doing calligraphics with different languages, like Hebrew, Klingon, and Elvish, and Hobbit. Even Arabic on a rare occasion. Although I've had rare requests where the spelling of the Hebrew was incorrect, so I made the client verify with a rabbi first before I ruined a set of wedding bands. Great looking plaques (Tablet) - my Hebrew name is Moishe (Moses).

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is cool, Mark! The lady who provided the Hebrew for me has been studying Hebrew for about 10 years so I hope it's correct. She'll get a plaque either way and if it's wrong then it's on her. :wink:

David

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Well that kept you busy for a while, they look nice. Now what are you going to work on?

Reactions: difalkner

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well that kept you busy for a while, they look nice. Now what are you going to work on?
The next big project is an entertainment system rack; 8/4 Curly Maple shelves, 8/4 Purpleheart legs. When that's finished I have GOT to get back to building some guitars! :grin:

Mike,

I'm still waiting for David to start making 3d carvings. lol
They take too long. I like looking at the 2.5D and 3D carvings you guys do but hours and hours on the machine... too long for me. Maybe one day. :wink:

David

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.