Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My project, a corner cabinet, involves moldings that require a 135 degree V router bit. The molding is only 3/8" wide, so it needs a small diameter (3/8" would be ideal, but 1/2" would probably work.

An alternative would be to run the molding through my table saw, but the stock is so delicate, I would probably lose a finger!

Does anyone know where I could find such a bit?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Use a spray rubber cement (not contact) and place it on a sacrificial board to give you more mass to work with (please use a push stick as blood is more difficult to clean). Clean your piece with acetone.

Good Luck - Baker

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Are you sure it is not a 22 1/2 degree bit? That is what is necessary to make the transition from the two side pieces to the front.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Cut the profile on a wider board and then trim off the piece you need.

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi Peter

You can make your own, if it's for a one time job, if you have a drill doctor and use a old drill bit and set your drill doctor for 135 deg. grind it to a point and you have it quick and easy..if you don't have a drill doctor you can buy drill bits in the 135 deg.end..

Amazon.com: 135 deg.drilll bit: Tools & Home Improvement

===

===
My project, a corner cabinet, involves moldings that require a 135 degree V router bit. The molding is only 3/8" wide, so it needs a small diameter (3/8" would be ideal, but 1/2" would probably work.

An alternative would be to run the molding through my table saw, but the stock is so delicate, I would probably lose a finger!

Does anyone know where I could find such a bit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts