Router Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the 1617 router combo, is there any issue with the 1/4 collect using cheaper bits?....I have some older Sear's bits that I used in my now broken M12V, and I had to tighten them in a vice to ensure they did not come out of the 1/4 collect....but on the New Bosch, there isn't anyway of putting them in a vice....has anyone had any problem similar to this with the Bosch?...tks...Dennis

·
Retired Moderator
639 Posts
You used a vice to tighten the collet on your 1/4" bits? Wow, I never heard of that. I also have the Bosch and never had any problems thank God! The shaft of your bits are probably undersized or something. You shouldn't have to use a vice to tighten those bits in place. I would measure the shaft of the 1/4" cutters with vernier calipers or something before using them. The only other thing I can think of is probably your collets were worn out also. Hmm... you got me thinking there... later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.