Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems my search skills on holiday today

Does the Bosch 1617evspk, fixed and plunge base accept the PC style guide bushings or is there an adapter required.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,835 Posts
@vince
you have to have an adapter or a different base plate!

·
Super Moderator
John
6,835 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Under the Bosch base plate, you'll find 3 additional tapped screw holes that match the PC 690/890 base plate mounting pattern. I prefer the Bosch adapter, but a PC base will be a direct fit to 1617 fixed base. Don't think it the plunge base is tapped the same way.
earl

Attachments

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Under the Bosch base plate, you'll find 3 additional tapped screw holes that match the PC 690/890 base plate mounting pattern. I prefer the Bosch adapter, but a PC base will be a direct fit to 1617 fixed base. Don't think it the plunge base is tapped the same way.
earl
Good to know, Earl - of course the description of the router doesn't mention that.

FYI - I'm in the US on holidays and am going to order the reconditioned 1617EVSPK from CPO outlets and have it shipped to my condo here in Florida. The price is worth it, even with the exchange on the Canadian $.

I've got a set of PC guide bushings for my PC 690 kit, but I think I'll also order the Bosch bushings RA1125 while I'm at it.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Good to know, Earl - of course the description of the router doesn't mention that.

FYI - I'm in the US on holidays and am going to order the reconditioned 1617EVSPK from CPO outlets and have it shipped to my condo here in Florida. The price is worth it, even with the exchange on the Canadian $.

I've got a set of PC guide bushings for my PC 690 kit, but I think I'll also order the Bosch bushings RA1125 while I'm at it.
...good idea...can't beat the price...I bought the set for mine...

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
...good idea...can't beat the price...I bought the set for mine...
Well the 1617 should make me a full fledged member of the Bosch Router Forum >:) But I've had my Bosch 5312 12 In. Dual-Bevel Slide Miter Saw for a while ..... but it's not a router:no:

and glory be, my quote notifications are finally working again

woohoo

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Well the 1617 should make me a full fledged member of the Bosch Router Forum >:) But I've had my Bosch 5312 12 In. Dual-Bevel Slide Miter Saw for a while ..... but it's not a router:no:

and glory be, my quote notifications are finally working again

woohoo

don't forget your RA1054..
the dust pick included really works well.....

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

Yeah, i'm guessing that they can't mention it due to branding/trademark or some other restrictions. Just the competitive nature of business!! I learned about it from from Mike (Detroit Mike) a few years back.

I think you'll like it. And i'll second Stick's recommendation on the edge guide--very versatile. The M-Power guide looks slick in the ads, but doesn't really do any more than the Bosch, and the dust collection that comes with makes it a very good value.

earl

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
You need both adapters mentioned above. Easy to find on Amazon. Bosch has theirr own set of bushings, but they are not brass, but they are bayonet mount so no adapter is necessary. The base is anotherr very good option, but you will need a centerring cone to align bit and base precisely. That is also on Amazon. If you already have the PC bushings, give the base serrious thought. The adapters feel like theirr jerrry rigged, but arre solod. But the base will feel more secuure..

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You need both adapters mentioned above. Easy to find on Amazon. Bosch has theirr own set of bushings, but they are not brass, but they are bayonet mount so no adapter is necessary. The base is anotherr very good option, but you will need a centerring cone to align bit and base precisely. That is also on Amazon. If you already have the PC bushings, give the base serrious thought. The adapters feel like theirr jerrry rigged, but arre solod. But the base will feel more secuure..
Tom which adapters are you referring to? I know about the RA1125 kit that comes with the Bosch bushings and the PC adapter. Is there another adapter required?
I was going to add the centering cone as well - it's only a few buck more.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Reactions: woodknots

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gotta hand it to CPO Outlets
Ordered the Bosch kit with the accessories yesterday, shipped same day and arrived at my condo today. Don't know where they ship from but 24 hours is amazing. And no tax/no shipping charges was a bonus. >:):laugh2::yes4:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Gotta hand it to CPO Outlets
Ordered the Bosch kit with the accessories yesterday, shipped same day and arrived at my condo today. Don't know where they ship from but 24 hours is amazing. And no tax/no shipping charges was a bonus. >:):laugh2::yes4:
1st time dealing w/ CPO???
I think there's a good chance it came out of the distribution center in CHARLESTON, SC....
played w/ it yet???

1 - 20 of 21 Posts