Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
6,938 Posts
Interesting. I made one somewhat similar awhile back. Except instead of a CNC I used a yardstick, pencil, jig saw, and glue. Turned out pretty nice, but later I cut the back off and now am using the seat as a small, and short, bench, Like it much better as a bench. Oh yeah, no plans, just Zen woodworking.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Nice Stan, kind of a cool looking chair:)

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,786 Posts
Those old grid-ed drawings bring back bad memories of trying to copy the half scale plans and scale them up when I was a kid. I never quite got the exact curves, regardless of how easy the instructions made it sound.

Looks like you have some guitar templates in the background as well...

·
Registered
Theo
6,938 Posts
Those old grid-ed drawings bring back bad memories of trying to copy the half scale plans and scale them up when I was a kid. I never quite got the exact curves, regardless of how easy the instructions made it sound.
You followed the instructions? I never had problems, the few times I did that. Just made a grid of the size I wanted to use, then sketched in the lines from the original grid. Had to redraw some lines, but the end result always came out to scale.

Sometimes used to draw a grid, usually 1/4", on a picture I wanted to copy. Then a grid the size I was going for, on plywood, and the same procedure. Once blew up a 2" picture to 48" that way, came out quite nice.

Reactions: kp91

·
Registered
233 Posts
Sighhh...must be nice to have the money and space to play...

Very cool chair! Reminds me of growing up.

And I like that cutting board.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Another high quality tutorial, Stan. And I like the 3 leg approach. Much less of hanging up your feet when you sit down and get up. Thanks.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
asking about electric guitars

I really liked doing electric guitars , the files were good and produce exact fittng guitars but there was no interest , china sells blanks for 25.00 I could not compete, I even have solid maple 18.75 wide by 2in thick lumber about 14 feet, just sitting. Takes a bit over 1 hr to machine one out

birch guitar
stratocaster design rev1
mar28_09 telecaster

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts