Router Forums banner

1st Log on

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  vchiarelli 
#1 ·
I am rebuilding and upgrading a Delta Rockwell UniSaw 34-461 that was given to me in pieces. I am struggling now to find the last of the small parts necessary and trying to learn what I need to do to re-assemble the saw properly.

I have the base and Cabinet painted and all the arbor pieces rebuilt and painted.

Now the fun begins. I need a proper parts list in order obtain the small items that I need. I had picked up a list from a later saw, but the item numbers did not jive with the parts source.

I appreciate this forum for having the parts break down for this model. I will post more details as I progress and scream for assistance if I get in a corner. :shout:

Thanks;

Lee

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum, Lee.

Have fun with that project.

#4 ·
Parts ordered

I ordered the parts this P.M. from eReplacementparts as they had the wavy washers I needed for the arbor pivot shaft. I also ordered the fiber washers required.

Does anyone know if a slick plastic like delrin or teflon will work better. Anyone with a source would be welcome. 1.625 O.D. x 0.750 I.D. x .05 inches. Thickness does not seem to be too too critical. The old washers I have are all thicknesses.

L.
:sad:

#5 ·
Lee, welcome.

If you don't get a response shortly please consider looking at another list that I'm a member on VintageMachinery.org. (For years we were owwm.org -- Old Woodworking Machines -- but we outgrew it.)

I just did a forum search and there are several folks who have rebuilt your model Unisaw. I'll bet they have some good advice.

Keep us posted on how you make out!

Paul
Central New York State

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.