Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,
I am experimenting with my various power tools, especially my router. I have the fixed base/plunge router combo and I am very pleased with my feeble efforts so far.
There is on thing I am not too happy about, and that is the small table I purchased does not let my bits raise high enough (maybe abaout 1/2 an inch maximum. It came with the circle to allow the router base to screw into it. I had to router the diameter larger to fit my router base(Rona's special). But now I am thinking of routering a bit more off the base. Is this a good idea. There is about 3/8" of MDF there now

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Welcome New! I have never heard of a "Rona's special". What router brand/model and table are you using and what country are you in? We will direct you to a member who can give you the right information. As a general rule I would not remove any more material, 3/8" MDF is minimal support.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.