Router Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
It doesn't take long to fill a shop. You spread things out to have plenty of room only to eventually loaded it with something else...Most woodworkers want more and this is the problem...

I showed potential problems from having too much on another forum. Tools accumulate muck and little hints of rust here and there.

·
Registered
I always like to trade....always like to sell
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't take long to fill a shop. You spread things out to have plenty of room only to eventually loaded it with something else...Most woodworkers want more and this is the problem...

I showed potential problems from having too much on another forum. Tools accumulate muck and little hints of rust here and there.
Never found it to be a problem wanting more tools as long as you are organized and not cluttered. For me it is important to make sure my shop is always clean. I find it extremely helpful to put my small tools back in place where they belong every evening when I stop working...and then spend about 10 minutes getting rid of scraps and getting my money worth from the shop vacs I have.
One of the things my dad taught me many years ago was developing consistent habits will help prevent getting bad ones..
Nose Hand Vertebrate Cartoon Product

·
Registered
806 Posts
I never had that much time. The furniture company took to many hours and working in the home shop didnt leave much time for organization..

At one time I had to work installing for a cabinet shop and come home and build cabinets for customers. Hard not to build and go to bed 11pm and go to work at 6AM.. During that time I started a cabinet shop and your hustling just to keep up..

·
Registered
1,701 Posts

·
Registered
I always like to trade....always like to sell
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Empty, shmempty, Greg L.W. , it still looks enormous. Is this your business building or just your fun"shed" ?
My goodness, to have something half that size would be great.
It is my shop in the back yard of my house. I've been working from home for many years...way before working from home became "Covid popular"

·
Registered
21,709 Posts
I love that Dutch Gable two story shed. Ran across one in N. Carolina on a trip, 16x20 with stairs in the back to the second floor. Cost then was a little shy of $6,000! I wanted one for a long time, but isn't going to happen now. It was 2x4 on 16 inch centers and if built on a slab would make a cozy little bachelor pad. At 20x24 with a bathroom (septic), it would qualify as a mother-in-law apartment, which is permissible on our 1.3 acre lot. Dream on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts