Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 CNC Workshop

I did not attend last year, but did go to Illinois one year for it. Actually I showed up late for the swap meet last year, but none of the builds or classes. The vendors list isn't filled in, but last year the ShopBot company people, Tormach, CNC4PC and I believe someone from Vectic was there.

This year they have several "build" groups including a CNC lathe and a 3D printer.

Classes are G-code with Autodesk's Fusion 360, Vectric Cut2D, Cut3D & VCarve, Using CamBam to develop G-code, Setup and operation of Mach4 to run a mill and lathe, Setup and operation of LinuxCNC to run a mill and lathe, Using Tormach machines from art to part.

And Saturday is a swap meet.

Steve.

·
Registered
334 Posts
When is it. Is this the same as the vetric conference or is it different. I think the vetric is the weekend before memorial day weekend.
Mark

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Mark,

This isn't the Vectric Conference. That will be held in the fall sometime.

But this could be interesting and it's in my backyard -- less than 50 miles from the house.

Anybody got an idea on the cost yet?

And we might even get to meet Steve!!

HJ

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The early bird registration is $125 for the week, classes only on 3 days plus the swap meet. It goes up to $150 at some point.

I was the second person to sign up.

Steve.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
May see you there Steve.

Cost is reasonable.

Worth it if you pick up only useful thing to use.

HJ

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
In DETROIT? Can I bring a GUN?

Joe, that's just south of Detroit. But to answer your question, I'm 40 miles north of Detroit and carry all the time.

HJ

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
John are you going to the cnc workshop. Thinking about going
Mark

Mark, thinking about it. I want to see a schedule of classes and times first. Won't do the Sat swap meet part. That would cost me $$ for sure. Waiting for dates and place for the fall Vectric Conference. But if you come up for it we'll hook up someway - and get to meet Steve too, and maybe even Mike will show up.

Call me when you get a chance and we'll hash it out.

HJ

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
The way I understand it, the SC camp is put on by a private individual - a very knowledgeable individual. And the Vectric Conference Scott and I went to last Oct is totally Vectric sponsored.

HJ

·
Registered
334 Posts
OK SC is too close to leaving for new York memorial day but I am thinking about Detroit and then I will the vetric with you guys.
Mark

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
I'll get with Steve or somebody and get more details about Detroit.

HJ

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Joe, what state are you in? I can tell you real quick.

HJ

1 - 20 of 20 Posts