Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vectric has chosen to hold the 2019 User Group Meeting in Denver CO.

Might start thinking about signing up early because there are a lot of new users out there and the numbers just keep growing. I think they should start holding 2 meetings a year, spring and fall. ( one of those should always be held in Dallas, Texas:grin:).

Attachments

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Gonna go Mike??

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gonna go Mike??
I'm going to have to see how the next 3 for 4 mounts go before I can decide. I need to get rid of a couple of vehicles and some of my extra tools.
I'm still a little worried about my wife's health. She has been doing good but this cold weather is getting to her somewhat.

Just need to see how things go.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Got signed up for the Denver Vectric USGM tonight. We are arriving on Thursday and staying at Hilton Thurs and Friday nights (they do NOT have any rooms at the advertised 189/night after Friday). Will be visiting relatives in the Denver area later. Seems like a long ways off to be worrying about reservations, but wanted to make sure that I got in this year.

Pretty excited to be able to meet face to face some of the people I have been talking with for some time now through the forums.

Who else is going to be there??

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
I'm signed up. May have to alter flight and hotel plans now after talking to Dave. Probably should get on that pretty quick.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have also signed up. No hotel for me. Will probably stay with my son (who bought my old house about 45 min from Denver). Moved a little farther up into mountains and building a house. Should have house and new shop done by then.

I know lots of CNCer’s in the Denver area, we have a pretty big CNC group - Colorado CNC User Group with over 100 members from 14 states! I know many from that group will be there as well.

Looking forward to meeting all of you who can come to beautiful Colorado!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do they ever hold these on the eastern side of the Country? I live one western Pa and I'm new to CNC & Vectric Aspire & would love to attend one of these if it's close enough th as t I could afford it.

Thank you
Gary

Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Every year it's a different city. Las Vegas has been the most popular. Been there a couple of times. Was Chicago last year. Not a lot of happy people --- expensive.

Reactions: Scottart

·
Registered
99 Posts
Do they ever hold these on the eastern side of the Country? I live one western Pa and I'm new to CNC & Vectric Aspire & would love to attend one of these if it's close enough th as t I could afford it.

Ok I understand having it in different locations I just wasn't sure if there was a set rotation of different cities. Id think they would get more people if they bounced around from North East, South East, Mid West, Central, Noth West & South West so every 7 shows would be closer to some of their customers. I'm sure they know their customer base, I was just hoping to get one close I know the Sign industry Associations have had shows in Baltimore MD, Atlantic City & Columbus OH but these are large Associations and the last one we attended have a few hundred thousand people attend through out the 4 - 5 day show.

Thank you
Gary

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've talked to them about possibly holding 2 or even 3 a year here in the USA at different parts of the country. They say they are not sure if there would be enough interest to have 2 meetings and that it does take a lot of time to put them together. At the rate people are buying these small CNC machines I think they would not have any problem filling each meeting.

·
Registered
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay John you can stop asking, I went ahead and signed up because I don't really see anything changing for me very quickly but I do know if I don't get a space now they will be all gone.

I probably need to leave tomorrow .... it's a long walk from here.

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Yay!! Reserve a room early too. There's a demand for them that time of the year. Start heading towards Kansas - Jay will swing by and pick you up.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Since I've never been to one of these I'm not sure what all is involved & what they provide but I think they could have the same "training program" each year then change up lectures / training the next year.

So once they get the training put together for the first show they could hold additional shows with a few phone calls. I used to hold a training meet for Gerber Edge users and while attendance was only around 20 - 25 people the leg work to set it up was minimal.

Gary

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Gary,

What these basically are is to explain and demonstrate the features of Vectric software and introduce the next upgraded version and what it'll do. This is some powerful stuff in the right hands. I probably don't use Aspire 3-5% of it's capabilities, probably less.

Plus, they are now having different CNC, laser, and related vendors coming in now, too with there latest offerings. You get to meet the people that design and make the program, pick their brains, and get involved. People bring in different projects for display that they've made. Some of them are amazing. Todd Bailey from Design and Make is there too.

Like the others have said, the best part is meeting and mingling with a lot of people that we have contact with during the rest of the year - from several different forums and groups. Plus a brew or two is consumed along with a lot of food that isn't considered "healthy".

Faces are put to names and many friendships have been formed at these events.

Reactions: MEBCWD

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
You bring Wifey with you. Mini getaway for her while you have a little fun and learn a thing or two. Spouses usually get along pretty good at these, even though wood workers are a pretty rowdy group. Win Win!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts